Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night it finally happened......I lost:( But it was a good fight. I lined up with a 2001 Camaro SS, didnt ask what mods he had or anything, but he did have an exhaust at least. I raced him from a light, and pulled three car lengths right away, and then he just couldnt seem to catch up. Then he pulled up next to me and asked me if I wanted to go race a "quarter mile", so I said sure. So, we get there, line up, and go...instant three car lengths again. By the time I got to the top of third, he was about to my rear door, and when I hit fourth..fugetaboutit. He just frikkin took off. But I know for a fact that this was longer than a quarter, I was doing about 110-115 when I passed the finish, but they insisted that it was only quarter. So, then they wanted me to race their friend in a 5.0 fox body, and they where all giggling about this too. So, i figured WTF, why not. So, I line up with him, get a terrible launch, he actually took me by about a half a car, and then I just smoked him, I totally walked away from him, by the end I had alot of distance between us. Come on Vishnu stage 1!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
dannyboy7 said:
Last night it finally happened......I lost:( But it was a good fight. I lined up with a 2001 Camaro SS, didnt ask what mods he had or anything, but he did have an exhaust at least. I raced him from a light, and pulled three car lengths right away, and then he just couldnt seem to catch up. Then he pulled up next to me and asked me if I wanted to go race a "quarter mile", so I said sure. So, we get there, line up, and go...instant three car lengths again. By the time I got to the top of third, he was about to my rear door, and when I hit fourth..fugetaboutit. He just frikkin took off. But I know for a fact that this was longer than a quarter, I was doing about 110-115 when I passed the finish, but they insisted that it was only quarter. So, then they wanted me to race their friend in a 5.0 fox body, and they where all giggling about this too. So, i figured WTF, why not. So, I line up with him, get a terrible launch, he actually took me by about a half a car, and then I just smoked him, I totally walked away from him, by the end I had alot of distance between us. Come on Vishnu stage 1!!
What do you have on your car?????

I have the turbo XS Unichip but it never out guns a Camero SS!!! Maybe a regular Camero, but the SS is freaking quick. I can stay close to the SS but beating it out right is a different story. 3 cars is a lot of distance.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yeah I think in a quatermile you get into fourth for a small amount of time and that is what slows us wrx owners down.

·
Registered
47 Posts
CAMERO :p Haha. its funny when people spell Camaro that way. It doesnt even sound that way. Oh well, part of the internet is entertainment I suppose :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
30mph+ SS Camaro will eat ya for lunch. If, you got 3 car length on him on the take off he had a bad launch.

Pp

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ppower said:
30mph+ SS Camaro will eat ya for lunch. If, you got 3 car length on him on the take off he had a bad launch.

Pp
Well if the race was done on dirt the WRX would have eaten him for lunch. These types of replies crack me up. People always seem to put a If this or if that on things. You know what they say, excuses are like a$$holes, yadda yadda yadda

·
Registered
90 Posts
BTw good job on the races. Win some you lose some and barely losing to something with over twice the engine size is nothing to be sad about

·
Registered
13 Posts
originally posted by mazanz1
Well if the race was done on dirt the WRX would have eaten him for lunch. These types of replies crack me up. People always seem to put a If this or if that on things. You know what they say, excuses are like a$$holes, yadda yadda yadda

:rolleyes: Lets go find a dirt road to race on! bwhhhahahahahah! the Camaro guy could always swap on some Hoosier dirt track tires and beat up on the WRX! lol :D

Face it the WRX will win till like 30 mph then its all Ls1!

·
Registered
90 Posts
till 30mph in what....drags, rallies, circle. My point was that there are so many types of racing out there any car can have an advantage over any car. I'm pretty sure we all know that the WRX isn't the greatest at certain types of racing but he wasn't posting about that, the race he was talking about was quarter mile thusfore 2 cars starting from a dead stop to the distance of one quarter mile, if he was racing from a rolling start I doubt he would be posting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well, I went out to the place we raced last night, and now I know why it felt longer than a quarter mile, it was. It was almost a half mile track! I couldnt figure out why he was so far ahead when we passed the finish, even though I had been in fourth for so long by the time we finished. Oh well, it was all in good fun, and they where impressed with my launches, even with my heavy-arse 18's!

My mods are-Vishnu Stage 0, and thats about it. My ricer excuses why I didnt do better-:) -two sets of golf clubs in back, full tank of gas, and two people in my car, while he had one, and my heavy wheels.

This guy must have not been able to launch good then, cause I had around three car lengths both times we went off the line. The Vishnu website advertises the 0-60 times with the stage 0 in the mid-high 4's.

Oh, and the race I actually won was shorter than a quarter mile, I didnt even get out of third before I shut down. Any longer, and I would have gotten my ass handed to me I'm sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
masanz1 = an excuse...so what does that make you by your post? LMAO...

It is the truth...if you can't face it, put a bag on.:rolleyes:

Yeah, dirt road...whatever...Why not race a CBR929rr from a dead stop and see who has 3 lengths on who from take off....Oh, wait that wouldn't be a fair race he only has one wheel drive...:)

The truth is if he got 3 car lengths the guy in SS screwed up. Most street races are not from a stop light. Probability is you're going to run into the other person while driving.

Pp

·
Registered
90 Posts
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'll race your 929 with a xr650r on dirt you stupid a$$. or a R1 against your tricycle. The immaturity of some of these newbies is slowly turning this one time decent board into a joke. Most street races aren't from a light, umm? most that i have been in or seen have been. Once you get your driving license and a car please post but until then I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. Ppower-Maybe you should get some pullups for your problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
masanz1,
the race wasn't on dirt, so there is no point bring up "if this happened and that happened." type of scenario. This is like saying if that wrx had a stage 4 kit or that SS had 150 shot, it would have been different. But it isn't.

·
Registered
90 Posts
that was my point to begin with...please read the thread...thanks

·
Registered
932 Posts
Ppower said:
The truth is if he got 3 car lengths the guy in SS screwed up.
Should've would've could've.......:rolleyes:

I'm getting pretty tired of newbies posting just to be contrarian myself.

Why not just post your own street/track experiences up? You know, "I used to own a Camaro and I know that when I had bad launches...." Or "I know I didn't get a 3 car lead when I had a friendly race vs a Camaro...." Know what I mean? Otherwise, you'll just be another self-appointed BS cop like 87LX50. His content-free posts are generally ignored. :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
The bad driver thing was an excuse. The DIRT example was silly.

I can't stand it when WRX owners(some,not all) always bring up dirt,snow, and water races for a come back. Most of the times it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Dannyboy7 had a STREET RACE with the Camaro SS. There's no reason to bring up dirt.

Now about the bad driver. Yeah that's an excuse but atleast its true to the topic and is a possibility.

Let's break it down.

From what I've read about Stage 0 WRX's. People can run from 13.3s to 13.9s depending on driver ofcourse.

A person in a Stock 2001 Camaro SS will run from 12.9s to 13.5s. An average driver will hit 13.2s.

I've only been to the track 3 times with 13 runs in my whole life and I've hit a 13.2 at 107 with 2.133 60ft. I'm sure you guys know that's a crappy launch. I know for sure I can hit 12s.

Anyways, the chance that he might have been modded more than an exhaust is up there with him being a bad driver. We don't even know for sure whether he had a good launch or not.

All in all, a race is a race. If you look at the Stage 0 numbers and the stock SS numbers. You can see that the race between these two cars would be pretty close depending no how good the driver is in the WRX. Congrats to DannyBoy for going out there and racing. Nice runs and nice kill.

·
Registered
90 Posts
why can't people read the thread...it is the camaro owner that started the if that thing. I quote, "30mph+ SS Camaro will eat ya for lunch." So sue me if I'm just defending my car. Like you pointed out it was just a race.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Shaitiger said:
The bad driver thing was an excuse. The DIRT example was silly.

I can't stand it when WRX owners(some,not all) always bring up dirt,snow, and water races for a come back. Most of the times it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic
Agreed. The standard "off-road" response gets tiresome. But this response to such reponse was even sillier.

87LX50 said:
the Camaro guy could always swap on some Hoosier dirt track tires and beat up on the WRX! lol :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
When I had TurboXS stage 2 setup I went undefeated against stock or slightly modded LS1 z28s. I raced several in the 1/4 mile and beat them all. My 1/4 mile times were in the 13.3-13.4 range.
At our track stock or near stock LS1s run mid to high 13s on average.

a couple weeks ago the same night I beat a Z06, I raced a LS1 Z28 SS. This was with my stage 4 setup. I took him off the line and pulled on him all the way down the track. I beat him by over a 1/2 second in the 1/8 mile.

Even better was my race from a 20mph roll. Thats not a WRX strong point. This LS1 WS6 ram air T.A was playing cat and mouse with me going down the street. Then we both turned on another street and around 20mph he punched it. I followed suit. He got about 2 cars in front of me with the jump. I stuck with it waiting for the boost to build and when it did I started slowly reeling him in. (thats unreal for a wrx vs an LS1 WS6). He kept on going until about 80-90mph and he let off. When he let off I was on his rear bumper. He and I both slowed down and I got along side of him. He just stared at me with this blank look. I smiled at him and gave him a wave and he just stared at me with that blank look. He must have been in shock.
I made him a believer that day.:eek:

I just love racing LS1's. There fast so if you can beat one you know your fast too.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts