Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw one of these on the road today:

That is a seriously cool-looking car.

Re' Camaros, I have wanted one since I was a teen--my dad talked me out of buying a 1968 gray Camaro with black skunk stripes. Bugs me even now to think about it.

I did drive a Camaro LT2 a couple of years ago for a month, which was fun, but I didn't like the design that much and the inside was too cramped.

But the Camaro SS 50th anniversary looks very sleek and streamlined, while aggressive. Superb design in my opinion.

If it only had AWD and a real back seat...

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
How can it be the 50th anniversary of they skipped 2003-2009 model years

I had a 1992 camaro.. was a good fun car.. would have liked it better if it wasn't always breaking down. I actually came across an old picture of it the other day. I really like the looks of the new ones.. especially the ZL1 LT4 package :drive:

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
If it's like the Camaro in about 2010, yeah, horrible visibility, based upon my rental of one on a business trip.

That said, I like just about everything else about the 6th Gen. It would be on my very short list, if I was in the market.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
Dead sexy. :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah visibility is poor, which is one of the reasons it didn't impress me when I drove one for awhile. It's like being in the Apollo space capsule, for you boomers out there.

As I recall the interior wasn't bad--nice stitched leathery surfaces, which Chevy likes to do. The dials and info screens were a little busy and kind of chintzy IMO.

The WRX is roomier, less distracting interfaces and obviously more practical.

Practicality aside, the black Camaro 50th is a serious headturner. If I won the lottery (just lost last week by 5 numbers, unfortunately) there'd be one in my 6-car garage.

·
Super Moderator
11,763 Posts
In general I'm not excited about the fbody. These are a step in the right direction, but you can't see out of the car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I guess the visibility wasn't much of an issue for me as it was my first car. Drove it for 2 years then traded up to a '98 firebird which I had for another 4 years. I don't feel as if the visibility in either was that bad.. just a small blind spot behind the left shoulder. Maybe the blind spot was bigger than I can remember and just made me a more careful driver, or maybe the newer gen has a bigger blind spot

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,763 Posts
The fbodies were not as bad as the new Camaro. I can't see out of them at all. They look great, and are an actual sports car over mopars muscle only approach.

·
Premium Member
15,595 Posts
Only total a douche bag would ever drive a Gen 6 Camaro!

If it's not a 1975 Pacer, I can't see out of it. I would be having accidents all the time in a Camaro.

Sent from my jPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,996 Posts
My wife had an all stock puke green 1968 327 2-barrel with the Powerglide slush box when I met her in 1977. It was okay, but not fun to drive. (I was driving a 1975 VW Scirocco at the time, for comparison.) She traded it for a used 1979 305 2-barrel automatic in bad-penny bronze. I really disliked that one. The seats were horrible, and it was slower than the previous one.

Then we got married, moved away from domestic-centric Ohio, and she got a new 1983 Honda Accord --> 1994 Honda Accord --> 2000 Audi A6 --> 2008 Mercedes C300 --> either a 2017 Honda CR-V or Mazda CX-5 this next week.

Of all the current pony cars, I like the Mustang. But I probably wouldn't buy any of them if I were in the market.

(and yes, speaking of missed opportunities, Dad talked me out of buying the $1300 1971 'Cuda w/440 six-pack for sale on our street in the late '70s due to insurance each year approaching the purchase price...)

·
Super Moderator
11,763 Posts
Only total a douche bag would ever drive a Gen 6 Camaro!

If it's not a 1975 Pacer, I can't see out of it. I would be having accidents all the time in a Camaro.

Sent from my jPhone using Tapatalk
Sarcasm turned up to 11

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,820 Posts
Yes, there is also an option for a straw hat and overalls. The corncob pipe is only a first 100 car limited edition option though.
Brilliant!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts