ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my cam seal is leaking AGAIN! i got it fixed 3 weeks ago, but i just dont understand why this keeps happening, maybe someone can educate me?

its actully starting to become rediculous..........

I just want to be educated on why the cam seal leaks, thank you.

EDIT: i think this happened when yesturday, i was going on it, and it was hitting boost around 4300rpms i heard a POP noise on the driver side where the cam is...........

its so wierd....and i have a 4500rpm lag :/

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EvilCerealBoX said:
cam leak? i had a valve cover gasket leak but a cam leak? sorry i don't understand
ya ok imagine your looknig at your cam, the under it if you feel theres like this little area that goes in like a little square, its leaking from there cause the cam, but if it was the valve cover it leaks behind it, see what im kinda saying?

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
WRXout said:
ya ok imagine your looknig at your cam, the under it if you feel theres like this little area that goes in like a little square, its leaking from there cause the cam, but if it was the valve cover it leaks behind it, see what im kinda saying?
Pictures would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
Pictures would help. Thanks.
i dont have a camera but heres a pic of a ej20 and where its leaking....the circle is where it is leaking and under it not on top

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
WRXout said:
i dont have a camera but heres a pic of a ej20 and where its leaking....the circle is where it is leaking and under it not on top
So its leaking inside of the cover, or behind it? I say bring it to a different shop and have them fix it. Most shops will give you somehting like a 30 day warranty on their work. You should call them back and let them know it is leaking again.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
So its leaking inside of the cover, or behind it? I say bring it to a different shop and have them fix it. Most shops will give you somehting like a 30 day warranty on their work. You should call them back and let them know it is leaking again.
it was at the dealership and i have a 12 month warranty on it, so their gonna fix it, i mean it wasnt leaking for liek 2 weeks then friday i was on the fwy doing 65 some lady slams her brakes , she was like on crack or something, and then i slammed my brakes i check for any people , i did a fish tail to the left lane and caught it and passed her, then later on that night i was going on it a little then i hear a pop noise, i check my cams but it wasnt leaking maybe it didnt happen suddenly, but i dunno what it could be........oh ya and yesturday my friend gate closed on my car, ya im going to post pics tommorow on the right side of my car :/ its horrible

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
So it isn't actuall leaking oil? And you are blaming a cam seal on a loud pop?

Have you noticed a decrease in boost since the pop. I have read that a lot of times when people hear a popping sound, it is one of the intercooler hoses coming off.

If you had a cam leak or something to that extent, there would be oil everywhere, either inside the cover or outside of the cover.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
So it isn't actuall leaking oil? And you are blaming a cam seal on a loud pop?

Have you noticed a decrease in boost since the pop. I have read that a lot of times when people hear a popping sound, it is one of the intercooler hoses coming off.

If you had a cam leak or something to that extent, there would be oil everywhere, either inside the cover or outside of the cover.
no i mean i checked it but not when it popped, and if my ic hose came off i would have had to fix it, i been driving it for 500miles and getting on it, still good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts