ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm trying to trade up to an STi and I found an amazing 05 STi for a great deal but it looks like it will sell before I have the money for it (waiting on my car to sell) and if it does sell to someone other than me an 05 will pretty much be out of my budget. So my questions to you guys are how many of you drive 04 STi's? How many of you regret getting the 04 as opposed to the 05? How many of you are totally happy with the 04 and don't want the 05? Do you think it is worth it to wait to get the 05 STi? I'm not entirely sure on the benefits of the mechanics of the 05 vs. the 04 but really the only thing I mind about the interior is the lack of 2 cupholders in the center console I like that. Please comment and let me know what y'all think!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
The only real differences are cosmetic. Aluminum rear lateral links and larger bolt pattern are the others that i can think of right now. An '04 is a perfectly comparable car to an '05. You'd be silly to go out of your way, just for an '05.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? what about the new steering thing? lol i'm sorry i'm trying to justify less cup holders lol btw i'm lovin the wrx wing w/ the sti badge!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I dont know about any steering thing. There is a sticky here somewhere comparing the two.....

At the end of the day, the differences arent going to mean that much. If it were me, and once it was, i'd just get whatever the better deal was. Cant go wrong with an STi.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kk thanks for the advice! i'll have to read that 04 05 differences thread more carefully lol not to thread jack or anything but ya know how theres special groups for things like the dirty thread the hawkeye alliance and so on, are there any groups for the wrx wing on the sti? I know billfromtr had that goin for a while.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
05 Sti's are better. Better interior, suspension, and it has a bigger hub and diff. It is better and worth the extra.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh always good to hear from a guy from chi-town! Yea I would really like to get the 05 and I just found out a relative might contribute so I think I will lower the price on my car so it sells faster!

·
Registered
653 Posts
I bought my car in May of 2003. No problems, but I still whish that the bigger and better hubs were stock. The other stuff is minor IMO. I have taken the car to the track a time, or too...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the opinion I lowered the price on my wrx on cars.com and almost instantly got 2 calls about rather local people wanting to buy it! +1 for me! lol do you think 18995 is a low asking price for an 06 wrx with 15000 miles?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I have no regrets about getting an 04 versus a later model. It's still fast as hell.

$19k for your car is a very good price and you should get lots of interest. I wouldn't sell it for much less than that.

·
Registered
855 Posts
05's are better, but not worth it to pay much more for it. Go for whatever you can get a good deal on.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the help guys I have gotten a lot of calls about the car and I've got 3-4 people so far coming to look at it next week! Now all I need to do is hope the STi doesn't sell within the week! lol

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts