ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i been doing alot ofreading on wrx forums. They are totally against using the CAI, yet there are still alot of CAI's out there for the Wrx. Now why is it bad if u have a utec and can configure for the CAI? Why is a short ram better and how much HP. And why does everyone usualy just keep the stock. Unless u slap a FMIC and then u gotta slap a short on. I'm not that much of a newbie, but all other cars like srt-4 and the evo are using cai to get some nice gains on HP and the wrx messes up air/fuel ratio. :confused:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I cant answer this technically,

But if the MAJORITY of WRXs dont use CAI because of the possible lean condition,etc.

Then I would go with what is proven.

For a GOOD reason not to use some particuler E.C.U management systems, I would contact the manufactuer and see if they can reccomend for or against using it with their systems.

The WRX has quirks of its own that some cars dont, I am sure it could be tuned for a CAI but, I wouldnt mess with it for the changes it can cause to the A/F, Better safe than sorry, Unless one KNOWS what they are doing.

I wish I had a better answer.

Shotgun

1 - 2 of 2 Posts