Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie so help me understand. I read that the by pass valve cannot be added on cuz of the turbo. It will end up continually suckin air from the valve instead of the CAI front end cuz of the boost. Is this true?! so no by pass valve would mean you want to be EXTRA careful driving under wet and rainy days (Puddles)? is it worth the risk?! as opposed to the blitz SUS intake? penny for your thoughts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ya, that is what people are saying about the bypass valve. I have had the Injen CAI on for about 5 months now and have driven in the rain many times w/ no problems. Just be smart, don't drive through deep water and submerge your filter.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i'd wait on extra $$$ the air intake, and put it elsewhere: namely, replacing the stock uppipe w/ a catless one (godspeed is my vote); in terms of benefits for the cost, much higher for the uppipe than for an intake on an otherwise stock car.

an air intake isn't really useful until you replace the turbo, which is something you'd wanna do later... like, after getting chipped and boosted, changing the underdrive pulley, getting a turboback exhaust setup, turbo and intercooler upgrades... that's my take.

after a setup like this, i hear blitz SUS is the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.