ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in cali and i just recently got another ticket (2nd) to be exact...and now if this goes on my record, my insurance is gonna own me...i cant take school cuz its just 2 months before the 18 month rule,, so what i plan to do is fight it....Does anyone have any tips/advise on what to do??? i already checked Ticketassasin.com but i dont want to pay $25........HELP PLEASE!!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Talk to an attorney, Better pay now than later.....

Or you might try and contact the officer and see if he will help you out in court, If you know any officers personally have em call him.

(All the more reason to be nice when you get pulled over;) ) He may bring the ticket down to faulty equip.

Good luck

Shotgun

·
Registered
154 Posts
seriously- it depends on what the ticket is for. If you did what they are acusing you of then there is probably nosense fighting it. However, if speeding and they have you on radar - then at court I would recommend that you

1) question whether the officer has been certified in the use of the radar. If not, how can he effectively use it?

2) question when the last time the radar was calibrated and whether they can provide proof of the calibration. If it is not working right than how can they charge you?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Warning....old man opinion to follow:

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS!!!!!

You got a ticket because you broke the law and got caught. Either don't break the law....or don't get caught.

I almost lost my license in college due to too many tickets in a year. When I went to the meeting with the DOT guy I took complete responsibility and blame and he let me off.

That is the end of the sermon....go and sin no more! :D

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I agree with steve also, sorry to say. my license was suspended twice before I was 18, so I know what it's like. I definalty don't know what you could do to fight the ticket because you didn't say what the ticket was for.

·
Registered
956 Posts
thats hard to fight. even when doing the same speed as everyone else on the freeway and he caught you. He was just making him self sceen to slow traffic. funny part is there idiots as often times people realize that likly means there are no cops for miles. what freeway was this on? I also find not to get noticed do not jump lanes quickly. if your slow they dont look. You also need to find out if he used radar and what kind if possible. if he caught you with radar and you dont have detector it's your fault for not having one. saves my a$$ all to often. now if you got pulled over with a off road motor cycle like me on 280N that you can get out of. me I did not have the time to mess with it. traffic times they love to do that stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts