ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I still have a bunch of parts laying around from my 2003 WRX wagon...

These attachments work well and don't make too much noise in the wind. If you are looking to carry bikes or boards on top of your car for less than buying the brand new stuff from a store, look no farther. With the set-up that I had, I could carry up to 4 snowboards (or 6 skis) AND 2 light bikes all at once.

The following items are for sale. I have included the prices of the items as new from Yakima so you can compare how much you are saving. NOTE, my prices do not include shipping and handling.

1. SOLD!! LowRider rack mounts and 48" cross bars (Price as New = $144.00+$57.00) $100.00 + $30.00
2. SOLD!!Viper Fork Mount (Price as New = $135.00) $100.00
3. SOLD!!Copperhead Fork Mount (Price as New = $85.00) $50.00
4. SOLD!!SKS Lock Cores (Price as New = $25.00) $15.00
5. Lift Ticket 6 (Price as New = $199.00) $100.00
6. Subaru Factory cross bars (Price as New = $140.00) $70.00
Queue for Cross Bars as follows: NYCS2, 1frshwrx, Phatty106

I have included pictures of all of these items in my Google photo album here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ski rack

hey id just liek to be able to carry skis/snowboards on my 2002 wrx sedan. would i just need the subaru racks and the lift ticket 6 ? thanks

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey id just liek to be able to carry skis/snowboards on my 2002 wrx sedan. would i just need the subaru racks and the lift ticket 6 ? thanks
In order to carry snowboards on the sedan, you would need several components:

First, you'd need to buy the appropriate Q-towers since you do not have factory roof rails like the wagon. Next you would need to purchase the Yakima crossbars (the subaru ones will not fit), you will need to buy the appropriate mighty mounts to mount the snowboard attachment to the crossbars, and you would need the Lift Ticket component in order to carry the snowboards, etc.

You can use the Yakima configuration tool on their website. Just enter your vehicle type and model year and what you intend to carry and it will break down exactly what you'd need to purchase in order to make it work.

Unfortunately, the Subaru OEM crossbars are only compatible with the wagon factory roof rails.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Subaru Factory cross bars

VERY VERY interested in the crossbars. question, if i just bought the crossbars n the lift ticket 6. would that work together, or would i need to buy something else from u to make it work?

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VERY VERY interested in the crossbars. question, if i just bought the crossbars n the lift ticket 6. would that work together, or would i need to buy something else from u to make it work?

Sorry 1frshwrx, you are the second person in queue for the crossbars/lift ticket combo. I will let you know if the deal falls through for any reason.

Thanks for your interest.

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Factory Crossbars!

I'm very interested in the factory crossbars, but I need them this weekend so a quick turnaround time would be appreciated :)

Sending you a PM too...

ph

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm very interested in the factory crossbars, but I need them this weekend so a quick turnaround time would be appreciated :)

Sending you a PM too...

ph
Sorry for the lateness, work has been quite insane. PM'd you back...and bump!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts