Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new C&D, and actually found some time to read it today. I love the supercar shootout, its cool to see what the tuner cars can do. As a WRX driver though, I wish there was a WRX in there, especially a tuned one. Most of the cars do 12-13sec 1/4 miles, but would very likely kill a stage 4 WRX from 100-150. It'd be interesting to see though. I wonder if they'd even consider putting a WRX in with the "big boys".

·
Registered
17 Posts
i agree!

that would be cool. we need a moded rex just to keep with the slowest there but it could be close...that truck was sick...running 10's in the quarter.

·
895 Posts
damn!!! those cars are hella scary :eek: as i continued reading the article my eyes kept opening wider and wider - 800 hp??? yikes!!!! remind me not to set foot near a hennessy viper :D

ya know, i don't think it would take more than oh....40 grand or so to bring the wrx into that playing field...that sound about right?

someone try to list out the mods needed to be done to the wrx to get it to perform in the supercar catagory, then add all the stuff up, it'll be interesting :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd put the godspeed stage 4 up against some of those cars. I just saw what they're put on their Stage 4 kits, and it would probably be competitive. They tested several different areas, so the cars that had full out power weren't winners because they weren't drivable on the street as well.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
You know what. The article kicked last years ass, but it was too short. It was only a page and half per car. Do we really need 7 Vipers and 12 Corvettes. How about some variety? I'll be there next year with my WRX and I'm only half kidding. ;)

-Jim

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
i completely agree! I read that and said, I can build a WRX that'll spank most if not all of those cars. (or a supra, rx-7, skyline, etc.) but i dont think i'll be going too crazy with my car... i doubt i will need to be any faster than low 12's...:p

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Remember, the super car challenge is 0-150-0 so you need killer brakes. It's held on a road coarse, so you need to handle. Speed is only a fraction of the equation. I'll be going for all around and showing those silly editors what the WorldONE Platinum WRX is mad of. Hey, Garrett, are you listening?!?

-Jim

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
thechickencow said:
I definitely think it would be fairly easy to make a semi-competitive WRX. It'd probably be more competitive than the pickup that was in there.
Now that's what I'm talking about. If some POS GMC AWD pickup can break down at this competition, why can't I go and blow up my car....uh.... I mean, why can't I compete. :D

BIG QUESTION: Were any of those cars running nitrous? Yeah, uh, I didn't think so. I've got a lot of work to do....

-Jim

·
895 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:

BIG QUESTION: Were any of those cars running nitrous? Yeah, uh, I didn't think so. I've got a lot of work to do....

-Jim

lol

now thats something you don't normally expect to hear from the import crowd ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any of you seen those videos of the guy in the WRX zooming around the track reeling in dedicated race cars? I think it's Sponaugle (sp) or something. He also broke his tranny whilst accelerating in 3rd.

Get the WRX in a nice road course and I'd bet we'd hang pretty well with about 350-400 to the wheels.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I didn't read the article, but you mentioned a Hennessey Viper? You will not catch a Hennessey Viper in your WRX. It can run 9.99 1/4 mile, with sticky tires and a good driver.

·
895 Posts
according to the C&D test, the hennessy ran a 12.4 1/4 @ 134mph...where in the hell did you get a 9.9 from?...perhaps you might be refering to a diff one than the one in the article

·
895 Posts
Penguinking said:
according to the C&D test, the hennessy ran a 12.4 1/4 @ 134mph...where in the hell did you get a 9.9 from?...perhaps you might be refering to a diff one than the one in the article
oh ok, here's the full title of the car: 1997 Hennessey Venom 800 twin turbo.

did hennessy make a viper thats faster than that one?

·
Registered
280 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts