ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see by the title I am going tomorrow to test drive and maybe get my first wrx. I have owned a cavalier since I was 15 and learned alot on it, engine replacement, you name it. Now its time for me to move on, since ill be 22 soon and need a new car. I am looking at a 2008 wrx sedan ( automatic trans). I have two questions to ask from everyone here.

1) this is a car that both me and my soon to be wife will be driving, (turbo for me automatic for her). How much of a loss in 0-60 or 1/4 mile time is there with the auto trans vs the manual.

2)As i said im looking at this car tomorrow and any help on what to look for would be a big help. such things as strut rot i know of but is there any wrx specific stickers or marks that will tell you any information you wish you would have known when you were looking at your first wrx?

I thank you all for your help and i hope i can join you all on the forum for good after tomorrow

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,224 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
The 2008's have 41 less horsepower than the 2009's and up. Not sure if you knew that or not. Unless you have a killer deal I'd avoid the 2008's.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the 2008 as it is basically the same car thru 2006-2008. I would however avoid the automatic. You need an automatic car but something else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2008's have 41 less horsepower than the 2009's and up. Not sure if you knew that or not. Unless you have a killer deal I'd avoid the 2008's.
wow i did know know this, as for buying the car i guess i did know more then i let on. i was mainly worried about the trans, year and power. this helps

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
they have 35 less horsepower, the springs have bad spring rates. Easy fix.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
After '08 they no longer made the WRX in auto, but look into the '09 and up Impreza GT, powertrain wise it's the same as the '08 WRX, comes in auto, and could make it easier to have a choice. Also the Legacy GT is a fantastic car you may want to consider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts