ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I wanted to find somewhere where I could get reliable input on an Impreza Wrx I'm looking at buying.

So I'm looking at a
2003 Impreza Wrx it has had 2 previous owners, no accidents, and has 120,000 miles on it. It has some minor modifications to it like exhaust and such, which the owner says have been very reliable. They're asking 8,390$ for it but the blue book is 7,900$.

So my biggest question is even though it has 120,000 miles on it, would it still be a very reliable car to buy. I've read great things about Subaru's but I just wanted to get more opinions on it.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It all depends on how it was maintained.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
Maintenance receipts? Get the measure of the man (person) that you're buying it from. Wild-eyed kid? Run away. Working adult who seems to understand about maintenance? Maybe okay. Have a mechanic give it a look.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
And by exhaust, is it just a CBE or a full TBE? Find out that and find out if it was also properly tuned (02-03s don't NEED tuning with an aftermarket downpipe like 04+ model years do, but it certainly benefits the car's performance).

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Don't do it...Subarus suck!

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
only after they've been under water.
Why would I want to buy a car that can't even do something as simple as ford a river?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts