ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have thinking about getting a cobb exhaust when one of my friends told me to just cut my exhaust (delete exhaust or muffler delete or whatever they call it). Not only will it save me a lot of money 1000 vs 100, i will also get the sound boost i wanted.

Is this true? Getting an exhaust is better or just remove the muffler would be all good?

·
Registered
43 Posts
If the sound is all you're going for this will work. I took my mufflers off just to see how it would sound and it sounded pretty good. I ended up keeping them off using laziness as my excuse for not putting them back on lol. No performance gains will be seen tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
On a stock car, you wouldn't really notice a difference either way in terms of power, but they would sound different.

1) Listen (in person, no online videos) to a car with the Cobb catback, then one with a muffler delete.
2) Do a cost-benefit analysis based on your opinions of each.
3) Perform whichever modification wins Step 2
4) Go for a spirited drive to enjoy Step 3

·
Registered
198 Posts
also curious on this, at what point does a catback become a must/benificial for power? im going to buy a dp soon and will have stock exhaust, along with a intake. would a axle back or cbe be best? i dont care bout 1-2 hp for price differance. would i have to be a multi mod stage 2 for it to matter?

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
also curious on this, at what point does a catback become a must/benificial for power? im going to buy a dp soon and will have stock exhaust, along with a intake. would a axle back or cbe be best? i dont care bout 1-2 hp for price differance. would i have to be a multi mod stage 2 for it to matter?
It really doesn't matter all that much power wise, its mainly for sound.

For stage 2, you can keep the cat-back & intake stock and be fine...main importance is downpipe.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just unbolted the rear muffler on my bugeye and its perfect for me. A little extra rumble and still quiet for cruising

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2

·
Registered
198 Posts
i know you can keep the stock intake and exhaust for stage two, i already have an intake and was just wondering if its worth spending 4/5 hundred more dollars for cbe when you can just buy nameless...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts