Subaru WRX Forum banner

(Current WRX Owners Only)

• 0% - No way. I love my standard Sexy Rexy.

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • 25% - Maybe if I get a raise.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • 50% - On the Fence.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • 75% - Barring Acts of God, I am buying an STi.

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • 100% - I'm trading in the WRX and selling the wife and kids. STi or Bust!

Votes: 5 7.9%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
35k for a car that will be in high demand and probably sell for over MSRP...
Unless I'm makin hella mad cash (nice ghetto talk there :p ) I'm just gonna buy a my04 wrx.

BTW: Anyone know someone who wants to hire a recent computer science graduate in the San Diego area? I'm desperate. I might even put that in my sig... LOL

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
No STi Wagon means no STi for me. Nor could I afford it.

BTW, anybody know where an experienced Network Engineer can get a job??

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been saying all along that I would not shell out for one but I know that when I finally see them at the dealer I am going to have serious impulse control issues. It's so easy to sign one's ass away in the heat of passion. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Will definitely be considering the STi when my current lease runs out on my WRX in 2 years time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would buy and STi if they made a wagon too! On sort a side note, anyone know the general release date for the new normal '04 WRX's? I was in the process of buying a new '03 wagon next month and my salesman threw me a curve and told me the '04's with the new face will be available to order possibly as early as January.

It would make no sense for me to buy an '03 when the '04's will be out so quick and instantly depreciate my '03. Either style is fine with me and the dealer is willing to give me about the same deal on either car. I was also told that their will be a sunroof option probably packaged with heated seats and my wife really wants the seats as all of our other cars have them. I prefer to keep her happy as she pretty much lets me buy whatever I want if we have the money and I at least buy her a few nice things too. :D

Anyone else here about this early of a timeframe for a normal '04? If they made the STi wagon I would definitely be in. I had considered the normal WRX sedan but with the appearance of the STi it will instantly kill (in large part) the market for a sedan. At least the wagon will be unique and be the highest performing variant (ie. no faster version of the wagon). I have already seen the values of WRX start to fall in our local market since the STi was announced. It is sort of like what happened with the Z06 Vette I almost bought. The early 385HP version was selling well over list even used. Everyone thought it was such a bad a$$ car and then they announced the 405HP version and all the 385HP took about an $8k hit since it was no longer so special.

Hard part is I was set on getting the car next month but why take the bigger economic hit when I like either body style about equally? Plus the new one has some options I really want. I know many of you love the bug-eye look. I can take it or leave it but almost always when new models are introduced the old ones take a hit in value and I can't see having that happen immediately to a new car more so than it will already! :confused:

GV27- PM with your qualifications/experience as a Net. Eng. Where I work we have some open reqs. You definitely need Enterprise experience as we have a HUGE network environment with conservatively over 50,000 devices on our networks.

You might have to relocate a little bit though.

GV27 said:
No STi Wagon means no STi for me. Nor could I afford it.

BTW, anybody know where an experienced Network Engineer can get a job??

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
wavshrdr said:
...we have a HUGE network environment with conservatively over 50,000 devices on our networks....
:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
763 Posts
yep already talked to the salesman whom i bought my rex from...............going to sell the typeR outright and goin to put the cash down on the STI. im the first to ask at the dealership so the outcome looks GOOD

horaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dealer in my area claims they have DEPOSITS on 40 STi's. I would definitely have to go out of state to get one...now if it only came in a wagon...:D

racerWRX said:
yep already talked to the salesman whom i bought my rex from...............going to sell the typeR outright and goin to put the cash down on the STI. im the first to ask at the dealership so the outcome looks GOOD

horaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
STI purchase plans

I would most definitely purchase a STI but only in wagon form. I am one of those old outdoor sports entusiasts who often brings along family or friends and stuff for the fun in the woods! As Nissan says "Life is a journey- enjoy the ride"

Speaking of Nissan, if there are any execs reading these posts, I am keeping my 300Ztt forever unless you give the 350Z its turbos.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Im not sure on the release date on the '04 models but I heard there are more than just cosmetic changes to the '04. Heres a link listing some of the new features, it was posted on the boards a while ago-Link

Its supposed to get Variable Valve Timing, an increased compression ratio-up from 8:1 to 9:1, a better tuned suspension, etc..

Also look at the discussion New New Age Imprezza in this forum. It has a list of what will probably be making it here in '04 for the WRX and STI models.

·
433 Posts
Nice. The new one sounds fun. I personally prefer the bug-eyes by a long way, although the STi looks fantastic. I highly doubt the new 04 impreza will be available in January. If you need a car now, get a WRX. People talk about 'oh I'll wait till the 04 model comes out otherwise my 03 will be out of date!'. Rubbish I say! It's not as if you're keeping your car a week or 2! You'll keep it what? 7 years? More? You think it'll make much of a difference in the resale value! I think not!

At the end of the day, if you want a WRX, get one. You're missing out. We're having all the fun :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
AGh... makes you want to grab SOA, shake them by the throat a bit and yell, "Hurry it up there!" Now Im not sure which i want to do, wait for a new model, which may have some removed quirks :) , or get a 03 this weekend :confused:

·
Registered
38 Posts
FUNKED1 said:
I have been saying all along that I would not shell out for one but I know that when I finally see them at the dealer I am going to have serious impulse control issues. It's so easy to sign one's ass away in the heat of passion. :)
But then you get your ass back just in time for your girlfriend (or wife) to kick it.

Where's the option for "No way - My ass got beat when i traded in my 2.5 for a WRX"

"Hey baby, guess what I did?" :eek: :( :eek: :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've decided...

and the verdict is... to wait for the MY04 model. I like the new body styling it has. And with all the new features on the wrx, I'd be more than happy... for a while that is =) Hmmm, now if the sti will be afforable, that'll be a definite hope. Until then, hon-duh civic

[edit] Oh and by the way, anyone know of a place where I can sell some uneeded body parts too? :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
not when they're $35k and will be getting $40k from the dealer.

$25k for a standard wrx with $15k in go fast parts makes the sti look stupid.

the sti rocks, but 30hp for $10k? doesn't compute to me. i can get 30hp for $1k. i don't need the $3500 brembo brakes. the suspension you can do on your own for a lot less than they're going to want.

other than a few minor power mods, brakes, suspension and looks the car is no different.

now if it was the real rally version, complete with roll cage, no back seats or interior trim, and some real horsepower, i'd start thinking about it. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I spoke with my dealer yesterday while he had the reg. Sube rep on the phone and he said we aren't going to get the Variable Valve Timing. :mad: That was the main reason I wanted an '04. I wanted the increased low end torque that this could provide (along with the 9:1 CR).

I listened to the rep on the speakerphone while he said that at this point the US models will not have that feature (VVT). It personally didn't make any sense to me from a cost perspective to build any more variations of a platform than necessary!

PolarisSnT said:
Its supposed to get Variable Valve Timing, an increased compression ratio-up from 8:1 to 9:1, a better tuned suspension, etc..
[/B]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts