ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i'm new here but i hope to be on here more once i find the right car.

I've found a 02 black WRX with 56k for 12,999. The dealers site has no pictures so i'm going to go look at it today. Its completely stock (as far as i can tell from the description) however i will know for sure when i go look at it. It is about 50 miles away from where i live in upstate New York. Is this a good deal or not? Thanks :)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
oobe said:
Hello all, i'm new here but i hope to be on here more once i find the right car.

I've found a 02 black WRX with 56k for 12,999. The dealers site has no pictures so i'm going to go look at it today. Its completely stock (as far as i can tell from the description) however i will know for sure when i go look at it. It is about 50 miles away from where i live in upstate New York. Is this a good deal or not? Thanks :)
What part of upstate NY?

There are a few of us on here, and I'm sure any of us would give you insight to the dealer, if we've dealt with them before.

·
Registered
0 Posts
13k through a dealer with only 56k miles isnt a bad deal, but it isnt a good one either. I would personally say its a little on the steep side. Around 12.5 would be a pretty good deal in my mind. good luck.

bugeyes ftw

·
Registered
609 Posts
for a dealer it isnt that bad.. it could be better. i paid 1k more for a 04 with lesser miles and got stuff thrown in.. did you look private party? also like skoalmint said where in upstate ny?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Elmira, the dealer is in Cortland. I am buying it at a place called Royal Auto Complex. The guy said they've had it only a couple days and a ton of people have looked at it. It is in MINT condition, with the only blemish being a cigarette burn near the passenger side window. Other than that, theres no rust, dents, dings, nothing. The leather interior is in perfect condition. They offered me a horrible trade on my 95 explorer, so i opted out of the trade but i did end up putting a 200$ fully refundable deposit on it. The CarFax (for what its worth) says it was only driven 8k miles a year with 1 owner. I have been looking around for a while and this is the only one i can find at this reasonable of a price -- in such good condition with as low miles as it has. I think i'm going to jump on it.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
oobe said:
I live in Elmira, the dealer is in Cortland. I am buying it at a place called Royal Auto Complex.
Cortland is quite a distance from me, but I have a few friends who live in that area - I'll ask them if they have any experience with RAC for you ;)

EDIT: I just got off the phone with one of my buddies. He said he used to work there a few years ago, and said that he would not recommend against them (he said dropping his name wouldn't do you any good, as they didn't remember him when he was there this summer to do some car shopping). He said they are pretty much the typical run-of-the-mill dealership, in that they're not going to try to screw you, but they're not going to give you a deal you can't refuse. Anyway, I hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
$12900 isnt bad for that miles. Under $14k WRX's are hard to come by for most places and the bugeye models with good miles bring a lot of money.

You can also try to get lower, but at the same time, if the car is in good condition and runs well, i wouldnt pass up that deal either.

in 6 months, you probably wont remember what you paid for it anyway...or care. You will enjoy the driving experience the WRX gives you and that will far outweigh the initial cost of the vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did 12k for my white bugeye at a dealer with a warranty thrown in too... but only because it had been modded before... Sounds like you found a decent deal. If you look at it and its your car, go for it. But if you have any second thoughts, think it through as there will always be another one someday...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts