ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so like the title says, i should be picking it up within 2 weeks.

i want to go stage 2, but like my other thread said im worried about reliability

right now the car is unmodded but the guy said he did drive it a bit hard, but just through corners, not launching.

should i be worried about buying this car? like that the tranny will crap out if i mod it.. or even if i dont touch it at all?

somebody put my mind to rest lol.. thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
i went stage 3 with almost 90k on my 02 wrx. as long as you don't drag race it, the tranny should hold. i still have my stock tranny with over 103k. i don't track the car or do 6k launches. if you are planning on doing this, you should consider upgrading these parts for the increase in power and better reliability.

like most people who sell there wrx's(most, not all) they return to stock before the sell them. for all you know, it was already stage 2 or higher. get a feel for the car before modding it. make sure its reliable now so that in the future, it might be able to handle some more abuse.

·
Registered
848 Posts
If you can afford to upgrade, then I think you should think about getting 04+. I wouldn't gamble on such a high mileage WRX then modify it.

Tranny will hold up just fine, so long you don't launch or slam it to gears. And stage 2 setup is not enough to destroy it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I bought my 02 with 100k. I'm at 124k now. stage 2. I <3 subaru.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
still learning here... when you say "stage 2"

are you saying you are upgrading exhaust?

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
turbo-back exhaust implies everything downstream of the turbo? Looking at the 07 stock - hard to imagine a bigger pipe.

What is a stage 1 upgrade?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts