ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on purchasing a WRX in the next six months or so. I'm probably going with a black wagon.

My question to you guys is: What are the options that you wish you got with your WRX, and/or what are the options you wish you didn't get because they were not worth it, or just unnecessary.

appreciate all the advice

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Doing a search will help you a lot more than I can, but I'll recommend a few.

Shortshift kit, armrest extension, security system (if you don't plan on buying one later), cargo tray for the wagon, and painted sideskirts for visual niceness (sort of an option).

·
Registered
66 Posts
My WRX came loaded so I will work backwards with what I could live without and what I coundn't.

Live Without:
I live in a rural area with non-existent crime so I could go without the security system.

I have the oem upgraded speakers and subwoofer which is plenty loud, but still doesn't sound as good as my wife's minivan! Pass on these and go aftermarket.

Sunroofs, spoilers, skirts, strakes, shift knobs are all cosmetic. Your preference. I have some aftermarket items: the subaru momo shift knob, the autospeed aluminum shifter trim and oem matching deadpedal. I think these look awesome hence they are on my car.

Can't live without:
Armrest extension. Its the perfect height for my elbow & forearm with my hand on the shift knob.

STI short throw shifter. I installed this myself 2 weeks after buying the WRX. Noticable improvement & haven't looked back.

Boost gauge. If not the OEM Lamco one then any brand will do. Must have though.

The REX comes in one trim level with most features standard so not a lot of choices one way or the other.

The wagon has some extra stuff as options, accessories for the roof rack and the cargo area.

·
Registered
236 Posts
might as well get the crossbars if you are going wagon or else the rack itself is pretty useless. armrest extension, short throw shifter from aftermarket (kartboy), turbo gauge, and slush mats

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the advice..

sounds like the armrest extension is a must have at least.. an aftermarket short-shifter doesn't void the warrant right? also, i'm guessing the "performance exhaust" option isn't worth the money?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts