ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if this would be a good buy, its a '04 WRX with 64k miles, but it has a bunch of mods already done to it. I know its an automatic, but I just want to know if it is going to blow up easily or if it is actually a good buy. I'll post a picture of the mod list down below. Thank you for any help or info.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,401 Posts
I do not modify my cars, nor do I buy modified cars.

·
Æternum
15,165 Posts
Do you want a project?

That's a project.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
346 Posts
Those parts seem dated. I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot poll.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
BooSTIng
2,228 Posts
The 4eat tranny would be enough for me to turn around. The "glass" 5MT gearbox of that generation wrx has plagued that car since its beginning and cannot handle much power. For me, it is personal preference. I would chance having the 5MT over the 4EAT any day just because I prefer a manual transmission. But I would still walk away from this car due to the modifications.

·
Æternum
15,165 Posts
The terrible 4eat tranny was enough, and would be enough for me to turn around. Not to mention the modifications.
It was actually quite good. Much much better than the 5MT manual that existed at the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
BooSTIng
2,228 Posts
It was actually quite good. Much much better than the 5MT manual that existed at the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
We will call it personal preference. Yeah the 5MT of the time was well known as the worst transmission. But I don't think I could drive a sports car with an automatic transmission. I love manuals. Something about rowing through the gears and feeling a car. Something no automatic will ever be able to replicate.

·
10,511 Posts
We will call it personal preference. Yeah the 5MT of the time was well known as the worst transmission. But I don't think I could drive a sports car with an automatic transmission. I love manuals. Something about rowing through the gears and feeling a car. Something no automatic will ever be able to replicate.
I can put you behind the wheel of a sporty car with an auto that will have you shitting diamonds.

·
Æternum
15,165 Posts
That's fine, and it's something I've also chosen to enjoy. However, there's nothing specifically wrong with the 4EAT aside from it being an automatic transmission. Your post seemed to suggest otherwise.

·
BooSTIng
2,228 Posts
That's fine, and it's something I've also chosen to enjoy. However, there's nothing specifically wrong with the 4EAT aside from it being an automatic transmission. Your post seemed to suggest otherwise.
Yeah my post did come out a little misleading. The 4eat isn't "terrible", its just my personal preference. I hate that manual transmissions are being phased out.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
346 Posts
The DCT reigns supreme. Torque Converters are catching up too.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts