Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm looking to buy a new daily driver , really looking into a sport tech pkg STi 2015.

I went to take a look at the car this weekend at the dealership and (as much as i know) this car came with a Cobb tuning Intake + airbox + an exhaust system of some sort ( single tip exhaust and a large one at that) , car did not come with an AP (access port) tho. Now here's the concerning part ,

I ran my OBD and my scanner to check for problems and these codes popped up :

P2158 - Vehicle speed Sensor B

P0018- Crankshaft position - Camshaft
Position correlation bank 2 Sensor A

I did go for a test drive and the car was running fine no lights on the dash for the first few minutes.
but once you put some gas and RPM on it
ABS , Traction control , Hill assist light and check engine light come up. (It's like a god damn Christmas tree.)

The car was shaking quite a bit on idle on cold start, don't know if that is a factor for determining a problem.
Is this a red flag? Let me just specify that this car only has 50,000 kms on the engine.
You guys think this is a good buy?
I know a lot of people tend to avoid modded cars when buying as you want to start stock when planning to mod ( which I do plan to mod)
Thanks for the help!

·
Æternum
16,157 Posts
The airbox REQUIRES an ECU recalibration.

If there is no Cobb AP, then the following must be true:
1. The Car is running the OEM tune
2. The Car is running a Cobb tune, but the AP wasn't properly unmarried from the vehicle
3. The Car has been mapped by some other means (ECUtek or OP2.0)

If 1. or 2. this presents a serious problem. 3. is possible, but generally unlikely since most tuners do not support ECUtek or OP2.0.

If it were my money, I'd find another car. This sounds like a potential headache.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The airbox REQUIRES an ECU recalibration.

If there is no Cobb AP, then the following must be true:
1. The Car is running the OEM tune
2. The Car is running a Cobb tune, but the AP wasn't properly unmarried from the vehicle
3. The Car has been mapped by some other means (ECUtek or OP2.0)

If 1. or 2. this presents a serious problem. 3. is possible, but generally unlikely since most tuners do not support ECUtek or OP2.0.

If it were my money, I'd find another car. This sounds like a potential headache.
Really appreciate your help! Ended up getting a 2017 STi . Might go into stage 1 in 2 months or so
cheers!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Many here recommend staying stock. I didn't listen & did the 1+ cobb with intake & accessport. It's ok & sounds good but according to the butt dyno it's not really all that different. It drives a bit different but I wouldn't say better. I don't really regret it but not sure it's worth the cash. Only had it on the car for a week though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts