ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking a look at a bugeye wrx this weekend and was hoping you guys/girls could help me out. It's a 2003 with 93k miles, world rally blue, supposedly stock, and the dealer is asking 10,900. Are there any buyers guide threads in this forum or any others so i'll have a better idea of what to look for when i go?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link thats exactly what i was looking for. Does anyone have any model year specific things i should look for?

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Thanks for the link thats exactly what i was looking for. Does anyone have any model year specific things i should look for?
If its heavily modified, I would stay away from it. Look for oil stains and make sure during the test drive that its not misfiring...no check engine lights that kind of thing.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Check that the foglights aren't cracked or excessively chipped. They cost about $200 a piece for new OEM ones.

The clutch should be light and engage quickly. If the clutch feels really heavy (like a pickup), it's on its way out. With regular driving, my clutch went out at 90k miles (just normal commuting, not racing), although your mileage will vary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts