ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im planning on picking up a 05 wrx in the near future. i am going to be 17 when i get the car and have been saving up every dime possible for the past year. My parents are going to help me out iwth the car but i am going to be paying the bigger portion of the car. My question is what do you think is a better option a lease plan and then buy out or trade in for newer model or a straight up buy? i appreciate all opinions.

Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
what you should do depends on many things.

Do you plan to mod it?
Are you the type of person that will get tired of the car a few years down the road?
Do you drive a lot?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i am going commute to college so that is only like i dunno 15 miles each way a day and i work but my work loction is like 5 blocks away from my house. I would like to mod my car in the future. So buying is seeming like a better way to go..

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i fear that i will have that prob because i was highly into BMX and i was always at the bike shop and sunk many many bucks into my bike. But i am worried about getting a lemon and things like that. Also i dont know how the fact that i am a new driver will play. i am scared of getting into accidents and so on.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I leased.......THOUGHT it would be cheaper (gonna keep it of course :) )

Anyway, Do you wanna pay $30.000 when your all said and done?,...........

Then lease :unhappy:

Shotgun

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all your opinions

·
Registered
6 Posts
br3ez said:
yes i fear that i will have that prob because i was highly into BMX and i was always at the bike shop and sunk many many bucks into my bike. But i am worried about getting a lemon and things like that. Also i dont know how the fact that i am a new driver will play. i am scared of getting into accidents and so on.

BMX damn...that brings back memories...

I remember back then I was so into flatland tricks. If only I didn't have my bikes stolen. I locked both of my bikes on the backyard and they were both taken the same night. That's 1,100 worth! I never buy another bike afterwards...sigh... I still remember the first trick that I learned "tailwhip:" baby!! :rotfl: :wiggles:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Leasing sound great up front, but is NOT a great financial decision, unless you have some way to write it off on your taxes, or other considerations.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
I've seen too many people hurt by leases. If you are in a business, it will usually work quite well, but for the average Joe, it ends up costing more in the long run. There was a thread on here a ways back that was discussing the pros and cons of a lease. It turned into a pretty good debate. I can't find it though :sadwave:

·
Banned
192 Posts
i hate the mod bug :screwy: its like getting diagnoised with cancer :barf: but i think i'm done with the mod bug, and i'm only 19 *phew*

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,205 Posts
If you can only afford to lease it, you cannot afford the car at all.

If you can afford to either lease it or to buy it, and you cannot write the cost of the lease off as a business expense, either buy it, buy something else, or use public tranport.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Another vote for buy. Just like everyone said, there is a very good chance that you will get f'ed if you lease.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
truWRXtacy said:
i hate the mod bug :screwy: its like getting diagnoised with cancer :barf: but i think i'm done with the mod bug, and i'm only 19 *phew*

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts