ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its time for bushings bushings and more bushings. To start is the transmission. I currently have the STI transmission tranny mount waiting to be on (thanks Kevin) and the Kartboy rear shifter bushing. I already have the front bushing, pivot bushing, and short shifter. At the same time I plan on doing the transmission mount bushings as I will be up there anyways. Anything else to do IN THAT AREA at the same time to make life easier?

After that I will be doing rear diff crossmember bushings (outrigger) and subframe lockdown bolts. Then comes pitch stop and in the future engine mounts.

Anything Im missing? I want the car to be solid and do all the little improvements that don't cost me a fortune but make a difference.

Please keep the advice to bushings as I will start a separate conversation for struts, springs, sways etc when I'm ready for that.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure on the shift linkage, I'll have to look into it. As for the propeller mounts i looked into them and couldn't find a single good thing said about them, seems like a waste.

·
Registered
262 Posts
dont forget the tranny crossmember bushings!!! and diff mount bushings/alk... i looove the alk, diff bushings made a nice difference too although subtle but worth the money

-Alex

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Not sure on the shift linkage, I'll have to look into it. As for the propeller mounts i looked into them and couldn't find a single good thing said about them, seems like a waste.
I dont have any experience with the propeller mounts. I just seen them. If you havent heard anything good on them. I wouldnt waste the money either then and also good to know for my reference later.
Another thing I forgot about. Its not trans related but you could add the steering rack bushings.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont forget the tranny crossmember bushings!!! and diff mount bushings/alk... i looove the alk, diff bushings made a nice difference too although subtle but worth the money

-Alex
I have tranny crossmember and diff bushings on the list (worded slightly different but same thing). ALK is a good one though

edit: ALK is pretty high priced, Im looking more for the cheaper bushings right now. Have a bad mod bug lately without the funds to support it. Thus $30 bushings are perfect

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Engine mounts before pitch stop.

Propeller shaft bushings were a ***** on the 08 WRX I worked on this weekend.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Engine mounts before pitch stop.

Propeller shaft bushings were a ***** on the 08 WRX I worked on this weekend.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I put on my pitch stop before engine mounts. I noticed a huge improvement with my engine mounts after putting the tranny mount on and such.

I think you got everything in that area, provided you have both the shift linkage bushings and the cross member bushings. That set of mods completely transformed my car. You'll love it.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Rear diff. mount - I still had clunking with just the outriggers and subframe lock.

Rear trailing links - requires pressing but very noticeable.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
STI rear diff mount or GTSpec or one I'm not seeing?

Rear trailing arm is a little bit bigger project but possibly in the future. As for why I'm not doing engine mounts first is 1. They are a pain in the ass (just helped Kevin with his) and 2. They are much easier (or required) if done after removing the sway and exhaust manifolds which i will be upgrading later on so it makes more sense to do those then.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
I used the STi. The double nut trick works fine.

I don't have engine mounts in either.

Trailing link ones are fun if you get the right tool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts