ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had never played any of the Burnout games until this weekend when a friend of mine brought a copy of Burnout 2 over to my house. What an awesome game! I can't wait to get Burnout 3 (it came out today)!

In the new one, the graphics look MUCH better. Plus, when you get in a wreck, all of the crap falls off of the trucks now. Stuff blows up too. It's going to be soooo cool! :D

I watched some of the video clips from it HERE, and it looks amazing. I can only imagine how it's going to be on Xbox Live.

Have any of you picked it up yet?

·
Registered
782 Posts
I just bought it, and wow what a game, the best part is the music, but really overall a awesome game and graphics are flawless. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Is it any different than the first two? I thought the control in the first two wasn't great, tbh. For me, it's all about teh powerslides. No one has been able to come close to the level of control that is present in R4. After hearing all the hype about GT3 it really disappointed me...

-snowcat

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Fixxxer said:
Agreed. I haven't tried it online yet.

i did it online for a little bit yesterday i think its called road rage where 3 guys are the blue team and have to go to the end of the course (like 10 miles or something) and they get like a 5 second head start on the red team who has to total the blue teams cars so they cant get to the finish line. Red also gets infinite boost. Once a blue guy gets totaled he cant collied with traffic but can try to screw up the red guys trying to take down his buddy. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ebr0t said:
i did it online for a little bit yesterday i think its called road rage where 3 guys are the blue team and have to go to the end of the course (like 10 miles or something) and they get like a 5 second head start on the red team who has to total the blue teams cars so they cant get to the finish line. Red also gets infinite boost. Once a blue guy gets totaled he cant collied with traffic but can try to screw up the red guys trying to take down his buddy. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Nice! That sounds really cool. I'll have to give it a try sometime this week. Also, you need to try it with a steering wheel and pedals. It makes it a whole new experience.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
ebr0t said:
how much $ did that all run ya?
The Mad Catz MC2 universal wheel is ~$49. They also have the one that's just for the Xbox. It's the same price.

The universal one will work with the Xbox, PS1, PS2, and the GameCube. This is the one I got because I want to use it with my GameCube too. The only problem with it is that it doesn't have a slot for an Xbox memory card or Live communicator. The one specifically for the Xbox does though. So, I'm going to have to modify mine and add a communicator slot before I can use it on Live.

I picked mine up at a local "Game Stop" for ~$55. I'm sure I could have gotten it cheaper online or at an EB Games or something, but I needed it then. :D

[EDIT:] A couple of other things I thought of... This wheel has leg "straps" so you can use it in your lap. This is the only way I've used it and it works great for me. It's also got suction cups in case you want to put it on a table, but I heard that they don't work too well. Also, the cord on it could be a little longer. So, if you're going to be sitting more than about 6 feet away from your Xbox, you may want to pick up an extension cable for it as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dunno if any of you read Penny Arcade but Tycho had a few words to say about the online mode. I can't wait to get online with some people I know (or who aren't idiots like some people on Live). I guess I haven't gotten far enough into the crash modes to get into some of the high-scoring ones, but so far my personal record is over $800k.

I'm just trying to get through and unlock more stuff for now, and I'll go back and find all that fun stuff after I get most of the way through it. :thumbup: :D

P.S. - My nick on Live is the same as here, if anybody catches me on.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts