Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys need to try the Buried Beer procedure, if you don't know already. Beers in a can get colder and taste better with this method than bottles, and you can crush the aluminum cans and throw them in the garbage can easier after you are done.

Buy your favorite can beer, bring a few up on the lift with you, depending the number of people you are boarding with.

Make you first run, and find a secluded place, where no one can see you bury your beers.

Bury all the beers you brought with you under the snow.

Leave and go boarding or skiing the rest of the day.

Come back on one of your last runs of the day, and uncover the beers.

You must be pretty thirsty by now. Get into a relaxed position, and crack that bad boy. Take you first sip and be prepared for the best tasting perfectly cold beer you have EVER had.

NOTE: Make sure after you are done finishing your beer, you bring your cans with you and dispose of them into the garbage at the bottom of the hill near the lift. DO NOT LITTER OR RE-BURY THEM EMPTY.

Snow buried beer tastes better than any other beer I have ever had. My friend and I have been doing this for the last 5 years, and there is no better way of enjoying a beer on a snow trip.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Do you drink while you are going down the hill?

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trailboss said:
Do you drink while you are going down the hill?
No, we sit there and have a beer or two, then we go down the hill. It is so relaxing having a ICE COLD SNOW BEER at the end of the day on one of the last runs of the day. I want to go snowboarding.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
1,263 Posts
Have never done it snowboarding but have done it mountaineering - there is nothing like a coldy when you have just conquered your first peak over 12000ft - I am looking forward to my first 14000ft here in the USA and then 20000ft in Denali nat park in '05 Himalya here I come!!!

·
1,263 Posts
WRX>MUSTANG said:
I hate beer. I would rather drink DDT then beer. :mad:
Now vodka, is good, smirfnoff, citrona, barcadi silver...
I think you will find that bacardi silver is RUM. Also - most of the premixed vodka drinks have a lot white wine in them also - about a 1/4 of the actual vodka in a bar mixed drink.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Another good way to have cold beer is called "The Floater". When you go floating down a river in a raft, tie a six pack or two of cans behind you, floating in the water. If you want a beer, just pull in the line and there you go. Ice cold water makes ice cold beer! Very good stuff! :D

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Timdog1650 said:
Great....extreme sports and alcohol...:rolleyes:

why don't you just bury the beers at your hotel and drink when you're not trying to snowboard?
Actually, we drink beer because it tastes good ice cold. We don't do it to get blasted. If we wanted to get blasted, we would bring up some everclear in a flask.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm sure you all know that I don't like alcohol.

but anyway wouldn't it be the same as putting beer in the freezer? :confused: It will get it just as cold.

I know, you can't bring a freezer with you....

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Timdog1650 said:
Great....extreme sports and alcohol...:rolleyes:

why don't you just bury the beers at your hotel and drink when you're not trying to snowboard?
Cause its just not fun, unless your endangering others!

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Akiata said:
I'm sure you all know that I don't like alcohol.

but anyway wouldn't it be the same as putting beer in the freezer? :confused: It will get it just as cold.

I know, you can't bring a freezer with you....
No, beer that has been under the snow is PERFECTLY cold. You can't get it that cold with ice in a cooler or a freezer. Trust me on this one. Snow Buried beer is the best.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
258 Posts
There is no difference in where the cold comes from. Now if it is really cold outside like -10 or so then it could taste better than -30 in a freezer I guess. But lets say the temp was the same in a freezer and on the mountain the beer will taste the same.

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Akiata said:
There is no difference in where the cold comes from. Now if it is really cold outside like -10 or so then it could taste better than -30 in a freezer I guess. But lets say the temp was the same in a freezer and on the mountain the beer will taste the same.
People that have never tried just don't know. Try it and come back here and tell us. Oh yeah, you don't drink. My bad.

I am just letting people know how good Snow Buried Beer tastes. If you don't like to drink then don't even comment, unless you have tried this procedure.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Akiata said:
-10 and -30 degree beer would taste the same, NOTHING!!
Try getting it out of the can at that temp.

·
Registered
258 Posts
:rolleyes:

Just the placebo effect. Unless "something" in the snow is getting into the can and affecting the beer's taste then it will taste better. But it's mostly you have been skiing all day and it is nice to have something cold to drink when you are done.

I'm not saying it doesn't taste good if beer is your bag baby.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I thought beer won't freeze. (unless it gets really cold) I have seen people put hard alcohol in the freezer. Maybe because it has a higher alcohol content.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Okay, I understand...it's the experience...and yeah, I guess I just figured you were one of those tools who got sloppy on their ski trips....g/d alcoholics give all us snowboarders a bad name:mad:

Akiata...try it with a can of Coke, or better yet, a mountain dew. I bet you'll see a difference. It's the experience

·
Registered
258 Posts
That's what I was saying.

Just like if you were sitting around the house all day and went to the fridge to get "a cold one" it would taste ok. But if you have that special beer sitting there waiting and you are thinking about it all day just waiting for it then it will taste that much better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts