1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
das insane.....and those guys were like "who cares?"

·
Registered
537 Posts
WOW:eek: If my engine blew up like that, I think I'd react a little bit differently!

·
Registered
93 Posts
You guys think they'll warranty that? :D

I know a lot of 19 yr olds that wouldn't even think of doing something stupid like that! That guy was just a moron. That's quite a car to just carelessly blow up on a 1/4 mile run, but, like the guy said many times in that video, "Oh WELL!"

-STiLL

·
Registered
748 Posts
That car wasnt carelessly blown up, he had been running it for weeks on the same setup.. it just finally gave.

·
Registered
93 Posts
"finally gave" huh? Call it what you will, but just because a set up was working for 'weeks' on end prior to ultimate detonation doesn't necessarily deem it careful especially if it is in fact a 300 NOS shot on an unbuilt 3.5. I wish I had a sponsor supporting me to anticipate a total motor blowout, it would make R&D so much easier. Whatever works I guess...

-STiLL

·
Registered
577 Posts
I agree that this was just an accident waiting to happen... And if anything, it seemed like a bit of a publicity stunt if you ask me! If the kid wanted power, whey not go with a Procharger (Supercharger), and then couple that with a SMALLER shot of NAWSS???? And as was said before, why did he not build his engine to withstand the power it would be putting out??? Seems like a pissing away of his sponsor's money if you ask me..

but then again, he did prove something...... You can strap a huge shot of NAWSS to ANYTHING and go fast.....

I bet a Ford ZX2 will perform almost as well with a 400 Shot of the 'go juice':D

·
Registered
748 Posts
You know, now that you mention it.. there was a completely stripped ZX2 running last year with only exhaust, intake and a huge shot of nitrous.. thing was snapping off 12s

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There was a website that advertised.....

"RUN AS MUCH NOS AS YOU WANT AND NEVER BLOW UP YOUR CAR"

This ad was actually true, it turned out to be a bucnh of guys RENTING a Base modle Dodge Neon (NOT your car) And hooking up a Cheapo NOS kit. The cut a hole in the intake manifold to insert the jet, filled up the washer resoviour with extra fuel and used a cheapo NAPA fuel pump to pump it ($20) and then just put the NAWZZZZ tank in the back seat seatbelted in and hooked up the switch to the horn button.

Towards the end the were running a 150 SHOT with only 5% extra fuel (VERY VERY FING LEAN) and turned a 13.2.

They were dusting Vettes and Mustangs in this burgundy POS Neon, never blew either, and then returned the car later that day.

The funniest thing was the reverse Nitrous donuts.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
that's some beautiful carnage. :D

i have a lot of respect for someone that can unleash that type of punishment on an engine.

awesome vid. thanks. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
damn that sucks... go evo! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts