Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my REX for about 7 months now and it is stock. It's about time for my baby to step up. Can any one give me some pointers on building a low 13's REX with out a turbo upgrade?
Also, What type of suspension would be best for a daily driver?:confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
i dont really know becuase i havent done it. but many people here just get a boost controller, k&n panel filter, and remove the resonator and they get into the high 13s

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
bedabi said:
Ultimately, the real question is how much do you want to spend?
Ain't that the truth!!!

You if by low 13s, you mean just under 13.5s, I think this can be done with a K&N Panel, MBC set at 16.5psi, a catless uppipe, and a cat back exhaust system. All-in-all should be less than $900 if you shop around.

I think my cousin (180lbs and a great driver) could hit 13.5 in my car with practice. He ran 13.7s his first time out and was bouncing of the rev limiter in third for the last 15' of the track.

-Jim

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm shooting for the 13.1- 13.4 range. And I only have 2g's to play around with for the motor.

Thanks a lot for your replies guys.

·
Registered
134 Posts
unichip tuned right. with a good boost control. a turbo back and a uppipe should take ya there. oh yeah and the filter mod thats almost free. I opted for the cai it looks great and sounds eaven better,

and you should be right in you're 2,000 range maby just a few bucks more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts