Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if my displeasure is warranted, so I thought I'd ask...

I took my car to a shop in December of 2018. I was having a new short block installed and a long block rebuild, a FMIC fabricated/installed, and a few other parts installed....gauges, headers, and a few odds and ends. It's been 5 months and will probably be another 6 weeks. Is this an extravagant amount of time for this?

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
When did they start the work. Some shops have months and months of wait for builds.

·
BooSTIng
2,288 Posts
Depending on the shop and how busy they are. My STi is currently at Andrewtech Automotive in MD getting built and they are saying a turn around time of 2-4 weeks. And they had my engine pulled out on the same day I dropped it off.

But, IAG told me that if I were drop the car off in May, that I probably wouldn't get it back until August-September. Just depends. You could have dropped your car off in December, and they may not have started working on it until March if they had a lot of builds in line to be done. Just be patient.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I do understand you frustration......... If you did your research and found a highly reputable company/mechanic to perform the job I'd be patient and happy knowing it's getting done right. Not something you necessarily want to rush.

Did they not give you a time frame when you dropped it off?

Could be waiting on a part???

I would recommend not hounding them too much. Last thing you want to do is piss them off pushing you right to the back of the line.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I apologize for disappearing. They returned my call and has since updated me. I appreciate the comments. I'll be more patient. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts