ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked out the build date of my WRX and it was listed as 11/11 though I ordered it Jan 12, 2012. So does this mean the car was partially assembled and it took seven weeks to finish? Maybe someone knows more then me about the manufacturing process. Its just something weird I noticed.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
I believe the build date is the day it rolled off the line. It normally takes under 48 hours for a modern manufacturing plant to complete a car assembly....that includes paint, systems check, and everything.

Then it has to get boxed up, transported (normally via rail) to the port, loaded on the boat, and sail across the pacific (west coast) through the panama canal, across the gulf, and up to NY/NJ (east cost). When it gets to the US, it clears customs, gets unpacked and loaded on a hauler, then trucked to an SOA distro center, where it is taken off the hauler and reloaded onto another hauler to be driven to your dealer.....the shipping is what takes so long

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So chances my car was either on the boat when I ordered it or stuck at the distribution center?

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
I would bet it was on the boat, in transit, at the time you ordered, yes.

From what I hear, they do not stay in the SOA distro center for long at all, and the average east coast ship and customs time is about 12 weeks roughly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts