ClubWRX Forum banner

4261 - 4276 of 4276 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
What's a good oil filter to use? I was going to get mobil 1 oil but then read it was terrible for subies. so I went with rotella t6 which is supposed to be great. Need some guidance on what filter to use. As well with good sparkplugs? thinking ngk iridium

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,688 Posts
Same happened to my Bugeye wagon..I sold it to a guy in Charleston, but figured it would show up online, somewhere. I made a concerted search a few months after the sale, but had no luck. Hopefully it's not crushed in a yard, somewhere.

·
Super Modulator
19,282 Posts
At least I know where mine still is.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Same happened to my Bugeye wagon..I sold it to a guy in Charleston, but figured it would show up online, somewhere. I made a concerted search a few months after the sale, but had no luck. Hopefully it's not crushed in a yard, somewhere.
I was just in Charleston over the weekend...I didn't see it around :(

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,806 Posts
I've been meaning to do a CARFAX on mine, but since it was totalled by the insurance co with significant frame damage, I can pretty much guarantee it's been recycled by this time. The drivetrain was in perfect shape though, so maybe some bits of it are still driving around.

A bunch of the stock pieces went onto a local Forester build.

·
48,688 Posts
You had a pretty hairy accident in it, IIRC..

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
At least I know where mine still is.
this whole thread is so sad now, does anyone still have theirs?

Im pretty sure a technician at the dealership I traded it to bought mine.

RIP this thread, I still wear my bugeye mafia shirt.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hey sonic, still have mine. Not letting go of it untill I get into the BEM. I posted a pic of neekid ray like 23 years ago or however long it's been haha.

·
48,688 Posts
LOL...
The time simply came for me to get rid of mine, before it became a liability. And back in 2015, (when I sold it), I had a kid getting her license, so we needed a reasonable used car for her to drive. An 18G-powered WRX wasn't going to work out for that. It was the right call, but I miss that car something fierce, at times. I think I got a lucky tune; that hybrid build pulled like a locomotive. The car could basically do everything I asked of it, pretty well.

I still wear my BEM hoody and long sleeve Tshirt, here and there! I also wish that the original BEM thread was still alive. It's still a mystery how this happened.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yow! That's funny comming from a reliability standpoint, which I completely understand. Mine is exactly the opposite though. Our 07 suburban, as absolutely amazing as driving a 550hp supercharged black monster is, it's reliability caused us to bail and buy the most dead feeling mushbox I've ever sat in(11 Buick enclave). However it does do its job rather well which is wife transport and doubles as a team vehicle for long training trips. Tossed a set of brand new michie latitude snows at it today and it handles smooth and is horribly quiet. But it'll soak up the miles untill I can get back to my wagon. Rolling that Cobb life lol.🤣

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,806 Posts
Whoa, Clubdub has changed a bunch since I poked my head in here last. What's up Bugeye Mafia?

My bugeye is officially dead. I checked the CarFax on it after I totaled it, and it went to a recycling facility and that was the end.

·
Super Modulator
19,282 Posts
Whoa, Clubdub has changed a bunch since I poked my head in here last. What's up Bugeye Mafia?

My bugeye is officially dead. I checked the CarFax on it after I totaled it, and it went to a recycling facility and that was the end.
Sad days.

Did that "town-bicycle" STI TMIC that I once had go with it? I can't remember if you sold that...

·
48,688 Posts
Nice timing here, I saw a WRB bugeye sedan today in a parking lot, and, as usual, I had to pause and check it out. (little tear)
No idea where my sedan or wagon are, now. I hope they gave joy to their owners.

4261 - 4276 of 4276 Posts
About this Discussion
4.3K Replies
267 Participants
RayfieldsWRX
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing