Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got signed up for this site! The email thing was an adventure, but I got through the maze...

I'm Dave and I'm an old guy (67 years old) with a 2002 WRX that I bought to use for autocross and rally duty.
I'm in far-southern Ohio, near Ironton.

I've owned the car for a little over a year and it's spent most of that time off the road getting various things done to it.
It was a good, solid car but the paint was scratched and dinged and it had been bumped on the RR quarter, so I had the quarter replaced and then had it shot all-over in the original metallic black.
It's a relatively low-mileage car for the year (103k), so the next order of business was to replace the timing belt, water pump, all hoses, etc.
The clutch wasn't all that great, so I replaced it with an Exedy kit along with new clutch master & slave cylinders.

That's all so far. I'll be buying some wheels/tires sometime this year and may get into the brakes. (They were replaced about a year before I bought the car, but I know nothing about the parts used - the car stops great and doesn't pull, so that's not a priority at the moment.)

I also created an album, but all that's in it so far are two crappy cell-phone pics that pre-date the new paint and the spoiler removal. If you take a look, you'll also see where my forum name came from...

Nice to be here!
5UBE

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome old Dave from the south.
Not sure new paint and rally duty are gonna mix well but......
Well... there's always more paint where that gallon came from! :D
On a serious note, I've been doing this for years and have usually managed to keep out of the trees... and, I'm hoping to have some rally-style mud flaps for it soon. I bought this one to be a weekend toy and told my body-guy not to waste time on a 'show' paint job. It does look very nice, but that's never kept me from driving any car I've owned!

5UBE

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New paint

Welcome! I'd love to see how it looks with the fresh paint.
Finally made it up to the old shop and got a few pics.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cosmetics still to go:
(1) A decent set of wheels for street (maybe 17s, but not a fan of big wheels or rubber-band tires)
(2) Get rid of that ugly a$$ exhaust!

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More progress

Also, got tired of dealing with recycle yard jerks who couldn't deliver a handful of air...
Went to my local Subie dealer and ordered a NEW air-cleaner assembly.
Should be good to go (mechanically) in DS for this year's autocrosses.
Wish me luck!!

5UBE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.