Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got signed up for this site! The email thing was an adventure, but I got through the maze...

I'm Dave and I'm an old guy (67 years old) with a 2002 WRX that I bought to use for autocross and rally duty.
I'm in far-southern Ohio, near Ironton.

I've owned the car for a little over a year and it's spent most of that time off the road getting various things done to it.
It was a good, solid car but the paint was scratched and dinged and it had been bumped on the RR quarter, so I had the quarter replaced and then had it shot all-over in the original metallic black.
It's a relatively low-mileage car for the year (103k), so the next order of business was to replace the timing belt, water pump, all hoses, etc.
The clutch wasn't all that great, so I replaced it with an Exedy kit along with new clutch master & slave cylinders.

That's all so far. I'll be buying some wheels/tires sometime this year and may get into the brakes. (They were replaced about a year before I bought the car, but I know nothing about the parts used - the car stops great and doesn't pull, so that's not a priority at the moment.)

I also created an album, but all that's in it so far are two crappy cell-phone pics that pre-date the new paint and the spoiler removal. If you take a look, you'll also see where my forum name came from...

Nice to be here!
5UBE

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the welcome notes, guys!

Welcome! I'd love to see how it looks with the fresh paint.
I'll do my best to get some pics this week. The car is stored at my old shop; so I'll have to stop by there, back it out and take a few photos...

5UBE

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
Welcome old Dave from the south.
Not sure new paint and rally duty are gonna mix well but......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome old Dave from the south.
Not sure new paint and rally duty are gonna mix well but......
Well... there's always more paint where that gallon came from! :D
On a serious note, I've been doing this for years and have usually managed to keep out of the trees... and, I'm hoping to have some rally-style mud flaps for it soon. I bought this one to be a weekend toy and told my body-guy not to waste time on a 'show' paint job. It does look very nice, but that's never kept me from driving any car I've owned!

5UBE

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New paint

Welcome! I'd love to see how it looks with the fresh paint.
Finally made it up to the old shop and got a few pics.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cosmetics still to go:
(1) A decent set of wheels for street (maybe 17s, but not a fan of big wheels or rubber-band tires)
(2) Get rid of that ugly a$$ exhaust!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More progress

Also, got tired of dealing with recycle yard jerks who couldn't deliver a handful of air...
Went to my local Subie dealer and ordered a NEW air-cleaner assembly.
Should be good to go (mechanically) in DS for this year's autocrosses.
Wish me luck!!

5UBE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts