ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble deciding on what I want to do with my 02 wrx. I either want to put an sti spoiler on it or no spoiler at all...opinions? And are there any sti spoilers that will bolt directly to my trunk. Or, what is the best way to go about a spoiler delete?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,475 Posts
Swap trunks. Prefer a trunk with no spoiler rather than a trunk with a huge spoiler. Take the torsion bars from the donor car also since they are set for the weight or absence of the spoiler.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Whatever you do, don't take your spoiler off and half-ass fill the holes. I hate seeing that. It makes me sad.

x2 on the trunk swap. I'd go spoilerless over enormous.

·
Registered
150 Posts
In my opinion, bugeyes look dumb with STi spoilers. There was never a bugeye STi, so to me one with that spoiler is a poser. Be proud of your WRX.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Trome- You will be looking for a wingless trunk for months unless you are willing to buy new or paint one.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
In my opinion, bugeyes look dumb with STi spoilers. There was never a bugeye STi, so to me one with that spoiler is a poser. Be proud of your WRX.
False. There wasn't a bugeye STI in the United States. There was a bugeye STI in Japan, with several variants, like the Type RA and Type RA Spec C which were stripped down models (zero creature comforts, stiffer suspension, tunable diffs, etc) intended for purchase by rally teams. The Spec C didn't even have alloy wheels or Brembo brakes. It had 16" steelies and smaller brakes to clear 16" rally wheels. The S202 was the anniversary edition for Subaru with a carbon fiber spoiler and 315hp.

2002 STI RA Spec C:

STiRAspecC16a.jpg

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry, i assumed we were talking about USDM. I should have been more specific.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I have noticed this already lol. If I did go the route of putting on a STI spoiler where would be a good place to look?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Craigslist, or the trunk swap thread on here are good places to start. I have a saved WRX parts search on Craigslist, and it usually turns up 2 to 3 wings per week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts