ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I personally like the EDM Non HID projector headlights.. they look the same as the JDM headlights, but are aimed correctly for left hand drive vehicles. Unfortunately they're like $1500, but if money was no object they would be on my car.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I prefer the morettes, however you will need to find them used since they havent been imported into the us in over 7 years.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
How much do you want to spend? That's the real question.

I'd love to have an OEM set of EDM lights as MainFrame suggested but they are far rarer than the relatively common JDM lights, which can be found for $800 or so. The problem with JDM lights is that they will blind everyone on the road unless modified.

The cheapest route is to retrofit your own stock lights with an HID projector retrofit kit. Check out TheRetrofitSource.

Here's one example of what they could like like, depending on what shrouds you choose or how you paint it.

Note that all of these suggestions (including the JDM and EDM lights) are technically illegal, as they were not DOT certified for use in the US on your car. However, a quality retrofit is made from OEM components to legal beam specifications, and retains the stock adjustability. Basically, the individual parts are legal and the results are legal, but it's still technically illegal because the DOT didn't give a stamp of approval saying those specific parts could be used on your car. Make sense?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
JDM lights with a quad bi-xenon retrofit <----- my future headlights. As for realistic what are your goals. Do you want the best lighting available or looks?

For looks, JDM can't be beat in my opinion

For light output, a retrofit will be better

Whatever you do, do not put HID's in your OEM reflector headlights without a proper retrofit

·
Registered
2,663 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I prefer the morettes, however you will need to find them used since they havent been imported into the us in over 7 years.
Actually, Morette custom makes LHD head lamps to your order. I've contacted one of the sales reps for Morette and he let me know they still ship to the US. The only reason I don't have a set is they don't fit with a JDM grill. (Atleast thats what I've been told)

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Don't waste your time on those. They are cheap ebay projectors with cheap wiring and cheap build quality. You're light output will be junk and they are probably not really safe (cheap thin wire). I repeat.. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

1 - 11 of 11 Posts