Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing but problems at the moment. Classic impreza tdo5, fuelab fpr, ramair filter, straight through exhaust and 270lh fp Tried getting it remapped and the guys saying the car leans out at that 4000rpm.

What exactly happens is when on anything over half throttle at 4000ish rpm the car engine bangs and bucks. If I drive the car at below half throttle I can rev right through.

Any help would be great thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,756 Posts
Have you had the injectors flow benched? Are they of adequate size? Have you ensured the pump and fpr are functioning correctly? How about checked any in line filters for clogs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got new 440s brand new filter fpr is running fine I've used 2 and pumps got 13.5 volts at idle only thing I haven't checked is my volts at that rpm on wot

· Registered
74 Posts
I had a friend with a similar problem on a racing engine. It occurred approximately at pit exit. They finally figured out that there was a hole in the fuel map where the map said to deliver zero fuel. I have no idea whether this kind of thing is relevant to street cars in general or to Soobs in particular, though it was a good story.

· Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
30,453 Posts
Check the gap on your plugs. I wonder if it's too big. Also double check for vacuum leaks, particularly as you've an FPR fitted. Is your ignition coil-on-plug?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I gapped my plugs to .6, gonna do a full vac test Wednesday, it's 1 coil pack feeding four plugs I've changed that coil pack for a new one also new leads. Such a frustrating issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.