ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking the level of transmission last night, and noticed that the fluid was filled with tiny air bubbles. The level was about half way between Empty and Full. I was always under the impression that overfilling fluid led to getting air bubbles. Any ideas? It's a 2007 STi transmission swapped into a 2006 wrx, and there is a tiny leak from one of the axles. Hopefully this info helps any.

·
SuperNova
11,905 Posts
" Ti-ny bubbles, in my w..." Oh sorry.

Can you post a pic?

Do you wipe the stick off and recheck the oil?

^^ man that sounds bad.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahaha yea

I wiped it of and checked again, same thing. I'll try to post a picture of it tonight, but its pretty much just like 100 tiny air bubbles per cm^3 of oil.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,445 Posts
Well the gear oil in the 6spd is pumped so I wonder if that has something to do with it. If your gear oil is the correct spec for the gearbox (important due to the pumping) then I can't see there's much to do. Does it shift as usual?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well the gear oil in the 6spd is pumped so I wonder if that has something to do with it. If your gear oil is the correct spec for the gearbox (important due to the pumping) then I can't see there's much to do. Does it shift as usual?
yea it shifts as usual, just weird bubles there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts