ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 wrx a few weeks ago, and on monday I got my windows tinted and on the drivers side window there is a line of really small bubbles, I mean really small, and I was wondering will these bubbles go away? Or do I need to take it back and have them redo it? I looked at them tonight and they seem to still be there? Will they go away?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Maybe if they are really small, but I would't count on it..

As "qoncept" said, you can let it go a few days before you take it back. But I would call them to let them know of the "problem" as soon as possible anyways..

Personally I don't knwo much about tinting.. I'm having my car done in a feew weeks :D

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
When I got my windows tinted I had small bubbles all over the place, about a week or two later they were all gone.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I experienced the same thing. The problem I have now is that edges of the tint on the front doors are peeling in places. I think it is due to the frameless windows. Anyone else have them peel away after a year or less? And its not like the whole tint is coming off just little peices at the edges.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
ONE-HITTER said:
I experienced the same thing. The problem I have now is that edges of the tint on the front doors are peeling in places. I think it is due to the frameless windows. Anyone else have them peel away after a year or less? And its not like the whole tint is coming off just little peices at the edges.
how far from the edge of the window did they put the tint?

·
Registered
41 Posts
About 1/8" maybe. I think the weather stripping is just pulling in some places. I noticed it a few months ago and it is only noticeable if you look real close when the door is open. I'm just worried about it getting worse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quack said:
how small is small? pinhead? pea? bean?
if it's a line of bubbles, it kinda sounds like the f'd up an pulled the tint off the glass and re-laid it.
Well they are about the size , lets says smaller than a pea, but bigger than a pin head. it is a line accross the bottom of the window. only half way accross. I checked today and they are still there. You can notice it if you look at the outside of the window up close and inside you can kinda see the line. Do you think I should go back tomorrow or wait longer? It has been 2 days now. I got it done on monday of this week. Or should I just leave it alone?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quack said:
are they white, or does it seem like there is liquid in them? have you let it sit in bright/hot sunlight?
not seeing the bubbles, i'd say wait until the weekend.
They arent white, I cant really tell if there is liquid or water in there, looks like water, but not sure. It has been sitting in the sun for the past 2 days. The bubbles kinda look like this, to give you an estimate

........ ... ..........

they are about that size and that how it looks on the window, give or take. I hope they go away cause I dont want to have this done again.

On the inside, you can see the row of bubbles, but it is kinda faint, but you can see it from the outside up close.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kpxplaya415 said:
if its been several weeks i don't think its going to come out, most shops will tell you that it takes 3-7 days for all the bubbling to go away.
It has only been 2 days

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So do you all think I should give it untill next monday where it will be a week, or take it back tomorrow and tell them to redo it. I just feel it wont go away?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Give it at least a week. Any reputable shop will stand behind their work. Depending on the brand of film you bought, it may have a lifetime guarantee anyway.
How close to the edge are these bubbles? It could also be possible to gently work them out yourself. Simply take a credit card or some other smooth hard plastic and try to smooth them out. Either press them down gently or try to work them to the edge. Don't over-do it. You'll know easily if they will work out or not.
If they don't, call or drop by the shop next Monday and show them. Don't stress over it, applied film tint can never be 100% perfect. If you look hard enough, you'll always find an imperfection. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pjdwrx said:
Give it at least a week. Any reputable shop will stand behind their work. Depending on the brand of film you bought, it may have a lifetime guarantee anyway.
How close to the edge are these bubbles? It could also be possible to gently work them out yourself. Simply take a credit card or some other smooth hard plastic and try to smooth them out. Either press them down gently or try to work them to the edge. Don't over-do it. You'll know easily if they will work out or not.
If they don't, call or drop by the shop next Monday and show them. Don't stress over it, applied film tint can never be 100% perfect. If you look hard enough, you'll always find an imperfection. ;)
Well from the bottom of the window, they are like 6 inches up. Well when I look at the bubbles, it doesnt look like they can be pushed out. I am not streesing, it is just annoying. I am going to open the doors tomorrow and let it sit in the sun and see if that helps, maybe it will. BTW, it is Lumar or however you say it film.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts