Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be honest, I didn't want to part ways with my BRZ. Once I took a test drive in a WRX I knew the power I knew I was missing out. I placed my order for my WRX that day and the rest is history! I ordered a 2018 Limited WRB in WR Blue. Loving every minute of my new car.

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
Welcome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
550 Posts
Completely understandable . . . I still prefer the look of the BRZ (I have a thing for coupes) and it was fun to drive on my test drive.

However, I really wanted AWD for the winter driving . . . and when I took a test drive in a slightly used WRX and felt the difference in power there was no question as to what vehicle to buy . . . at least for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Totally worth it, they gave me a fair price for trade in and I am loving my WRX. My BRZ sold off the dealers lot in under 3 weeks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have always had a coupe, to be honest I traded the BRZ in because my husband could no longer ride in it. I did a lot of research on the WRX and it had all the selling points I wanted. Specifically I had to have a stick shift, I can't stand automatics and I really wanted a moon roof back. Having AWD was a bonus for me since I didn't really drive the BRZ much in the winter. So I look forward to having more flexibility all year.

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase!

EricaMarie04 said:
I have always had a coupe
Four doors are better than two. I'd much rather use the interior cargo space vs a trunk; unless you rarely have any passengers and/or never need more than the passenger cargo area, a coupe is overrated. If you ever have more than one passenger, forget about it; you're not getting my 6'3 285lbs "dad-bod" frame in the back seat of a coupe, and even if I was sitting in the front seat, no one is going to be comfortable behind me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase!

Four doors are better than two. I'd much rather use the interior cargo space vs a trunk; unless you rarely have any passengers and/or never need more than the passenger cargo area, a coupe is overrated. If you ever have more than one passenger, forget about it; you're not getting my 6'3 285lbs "dad-bod" frame in the back seat of a coupe, and even if I was sitting in the front seat, no one is going to be comfortable behind me.
Eloquently put hahaha. I used to swear by coupes until I realized no one was riding with me if my husband was also in the car.. I got so tired of saying "You're gonna wanna sit behind me" and then feeling bad when they're folding themselves in behind me and bumping their head when I took a quick turn. I won't ever look back from a sedan/wagon now!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I enjoyed my 2-seater convertible BECAUSE it wouldn't hold more than 1 passenger. Got me out of a lot of chauffeur duties when family was visiting. Frankly, I rarely needed the extra room for anything.

Though I do enjoy the space and versatility of the WRX, if it came in a coupe that looked vaguely like the BRZ, or a 3-door hatch like my old Celica, I'd be really interested.

Reactions: Firefighterjake

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've never felt bad, I kept miles off of my car by having a coupe. I can say though I have a girls outing in October and I am driving for the first time. So I'm excited I can fit more than two people comfortably in my car this time. It'll be a nice change!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts