Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody familiar with Brullen exhaust? Adrenalin motorsports in Mass is now a dealer and it seems like really nice stuff. I am thinking of buying a muffler from them and having my friend bend up some stainless for a cat back system,saving me a ton of dough. Anyone else bent up there own system? Any problems or concerns I should be aware of? Thanks guys,CHRIS.....:p

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
From what I've heard (ha, pun not intended), Brullen makes pretty good stuff. If you have a friend bend up some pipe for you, make sure it's mandrel bent so as not to change the inside diameter of the pipe (at least very minimally). Others with direct experience with Brullen can feel free to comment.:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mandrel

Well he can not mandrel bend the pipes,but if I go with 3 inch it shouldn't be too bad a difference right? And it will still be stainless. But I may scrap that whole plan and get the borla system on special,$400. from downpipe back,sweet! CHRIS....:p

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You'd probably be suprised by the difference it would make. I would just spend the $400 and get the borla system. I think you'd be happier in the long run, plus you would have the headache of trying to make the homemade system fit. My $0.02

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just got a Brullen cat back a few months ago from ion performance. The sound and quality is awesome and even better yet the people are really helpful. any questions just ask.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice

How much was the brullen cat back from ion?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a brullen, 3" full catback on my WRX. Its actually for sale. Its a great system, sounds almost erotic (if you're into that sorta thing) :D I am selling it because I want to be a sheep and have a single outlet JDM-race style muffler instead...you know...something different. The system I am selling is 3" mandrel bent all the way back with a 3.5" resonator in the midpipe, and the muffler has dual round outlets that are flat cut on the end. (almost like the stock WRX, except a little bigger, and theyre solid, not slip on tips. :D

I am asking $300 obo...there is NOTHING wrong with this system, not banged up, scraped up, damaged in any way. Looks VERY good. I will send a pic to anyone seriously interested in it. Looking to sell ASAP...so let me know!

Thanks,

Scott
DFW, TX

·
Registered
40 Posts
RoadRunner.... in case you already installed it, any comments about it? Please let me know, I am planning to order the same thing. Thanks :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
IMO don't waste your money on a cat-back setup.

Brullen is high quality stuff, but concerning the WRX, turbo back is the only way to go. Getting rid of those 2 factory cata converters totally or replacing them with a single high flow cat makes the biggest difference out of any exhaust component and of course dump the pre turbo cat to!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts