ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figured out my boost issues, running perfect. However, I've been noticing a growling/howling/vibrationish noise right when it starts to boost. Can't pinpoint the sound, but also noticed a fair amount of engine rock when gently reving it from the throttle body. It feels like it is sloppy as hell when I take off, and sometimes feels like it has clutch shudder (feels like the clutch is jumping or not catching and catching real hard and letting go, hard to explain)

I'm trying to figure out if I have a broken motor mount, trans mount, or something way worse is wrong. The motor mounts are visibly "OK" but that does not mean they are not separated right?

Any suggestions?

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
the motor mounts get 'soft', physically they look ok, but you can flex them with your hands.

if your engine shakes pretty violently when stopped revving the engine, your mounts are shot, more than likely all of them(tranny & engine mounts). I've already worn out my GroupN STi mounts, so I'd recommend going with the Cusco Mounts.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the motor mounts get 'soft', physically they look ok, but you can flex them with your hands.

if your engine shakes pretty violently when stopped revving the engine, your mounts are shot, more than likely all of them(tranny & engine mounts). I've already worn out my GroupN STi mounts, so I'd recommend going with the Cusco Mounts.
Aren't Cusco mounts a little overkill? I don't want to have ALL the shock going through my driveline. Either way I can pick up front to rear Group N mounts for $150 through a friend or Cusco mounts for about 60% of retail through another friend. Would rather have an in between hardness/softness.

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
Aren't Cusco mounts a little overkill?
dunno, I'm just pissed that the GroupN are already worn out. Thats why I don't recommend them anymore.

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
That sucks.... I could probably hook you up with a cheap set of Cusco mounts....
I've got a set waiting to go in with the EJ207.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If your on a budget and want better engine mounts than your WRX you can go with STi engine mounts. They are a little bit better, a lot cheaper, and if you still have the warranty, they wont void any part of it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts