ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you guys havn't heard, the Vikings have signed former WWE wrestler Brock Lesnar to a base salary and have invited him to training camp. It will be very interesting to see how he adapts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,615 Posts
hahaha....that's funny
is he going to be an offensive tackle or something?
just because he's signed to mini camp....doesn't mean he'll do anything
(hem hem Tony Mandarich)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,004 Posts
I think he's going to play Defensive End. They say he can run a 4.6 40. If he can do that at his size, he could potentially become a quarterback's worst nightmare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aheineken said:
I think he's going to play Defensive End. They say he can run a 4.6 40. If he can do that at his size, he could potentially become a quarterback's worst nightmare.
If so, that would make him the fastest lineman currently in the NFL (which is why I call :bs: ) But, what do I know? If it's true and he has the skills, he could be a superstar in the making.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the thing, it's not an official time. During his private workout, I'm sure he hit 4.6 seconds... but with a stopwatch. True 40s are obtained through an electric system, which has no room for error. for example, back during HS football, I was calculated a 5.2 40 yard dash with the stopwatch (happy dance) when we switched to electronic timing a month later, I dropped to a 5.65 (sad).

Now don't get me wrong, Brock is a tremendous, tremendous athelete. He was the NCAA amatuer wrestling champion (or somthing like that), but I think a 4.6 is a bit...fudged. But heck, my opinion means sh*t, as far as I know, Brock could be the next greatest thing to hit the NFL and he may very well run a 4.6 40 yard dash, and if he does, that's freakin' amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,004 Posts
I agree with you. That time probably isn't 100% accurate. I was just repeating what I heard/read in other sources.

Personally, I think he has the physical ability to be great, but who knows how well he'll adapt. I'm rooting for him to do well, even though I'm not a Vikings fan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I learned not to put too much stock in private sources a long time ago, bro. A bodybuilder claimed to run a 4.1 40 yard dash. He was so cocky, he challenged Tim Montgomery (Yes, THAT Tim Montgomery :))to a 100 dash. The bodybuilder got EMBARRASED SO BAD! Which led to the conclusion that he probably was pretty quick, but the 4.1 40 just wasn't happening, lol.

I hope Brock does well too, but I think his publicity, and the fact that he was given a "gift" in being let in to training camp is going to paint a big, giant bulls-eye on his behind the moment he puts on his pads. Either way, Vince McMahon will most likely let him back into the WWE, so what does he have to lose?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,207 Posts
anyone have a picture of Brock.. i dont know who he is exactly. id like to put a name with a face.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,207 Posts
i did a search * i felt less lazy * here is a picture for anyone else that dosnt know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,615 Posts
you sure about Batista being bigger than brock? doubt it.
then again, I watch RAW, not smackdown.
Brock is YOUNG and BULKY.
Batista is more toned.
much more toned.
Brock is just an animal.
he will play DL/DE
$10 bucks says he won't exceed 5 sacks
 

·
Thinking Man's Engine
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
VitaminWRX said:

I hope Brock does well too, but I think his publicity, and the fact that he was given a "gift" in being let in to training camp is going to paint a big, giant bulls-eye on his behind the moment he puts on his pads. Either way, Vince McMahon will most likely let him back into the WWE, so what does he have to lose?
He tapped out!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wrxlude said:
you sure about Batista being bigger than brock? doubt it.
then again, I watch RAW, not smackdown.
Brock is YOUNG and BULKY.
Batista is more toned.
much more toned.
Brock is just an animal.
he will play DL/DE
$10 bucks says he won't exceed 5 sacks
Brock was actually on the cover of Flex magazine a few months back, and it detailed one of his workouts and the guy is just an animal. However, power and size is only one small part of being a successful lineman, or else we would be seeing 300 pound bodybuilders in full pads :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,615 Posts
VitaminWRX said:
Brock was actually on the cover of Flex magazine a few months back, and it detailed one of his workouts and the guy is just an animal. However, power and size is only one small part of being a successful lineman, or else we would be seeing 300 pound bodybuilders in full pads :D
fully agree.
let's see him pass the roids tests. lol
he WAS a part of the World's Wealthiest Entertainers...
..my expectations of him aren't high. we'll see what he does, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha, World's Wealthiest Entertainers :D

All I can say is if I had to work my butt off for four years in college to get an opportunity to play for the Vikings, and ol' "TV Boy" here gets the same opportunity simply because he is a celeb, I would be pretty ticked off, lol, and I don't think he is gonna be very popular at training camp today with the other guys :D

I'm with you, my expectations of him making the team aren't very high, but who knows?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,615 Posts
Vitamin,

if Oprah can go from a size 18 to a 10, then wtf....Brock can sack the qb 5 times...maybe 4.

you like that WWE?
it WAS the world's wealthiest fakers...until those panda people got on Vince's ass and sued him.
Vince is teh suxorz.
you'll never find me using Brock Lesnar in the same sentence as Chris Doleman, except this one.
haha
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top