Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, sooo I was driving to Toronto from Ottawa and about halfway through I stopped for food and gas... After I gassed up my car wouldn’t turn over... it was getting SO close and just not going all the way.. I tried about 3 times and then took a long deep breath and gave it some gas while turning the key and it started....... but it was shaking like crazy and the check engine light + traction control lights were blinking... i just stared in disbelief and after about 10 seconds as i was just about to turn it off and call CAA - it went completely back to normal and the lights all went away.

I proceeded to drive the 110 kms i had left in my trip and the car felt fine.. Also fine again today..

Should I take it in to my mechanic? Im wondering if i could have possibly flooded the engine if i barely tapped the gas by accident when i first started it...

I drive a 2008 Impreza stick shift.

·
Super Moderator
11,709 Posts
That's not super likely with fuel injection however multiple failed starts could leave fuel in the cylinder.

It could be an odd fluke, weak fuel pump or injectors. I would see if it stored a code.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.