ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, this is mainly one question, im looking for anyone with experience with these tires, my question is, what type of life am i looking at with them? Like mileage wise, i do autocross, but once a month only, and other than that i mainly pussy foot around town(well, unless the ocasional jackass in a 350, SS, Evo or likewise decides to challenge me, lol) ive already done research on the grip(which from what my findings have revealed will soon be AWESOMER), but just wondering what exactly the 140 treadwear translates to in real life situations(i know that theoretically its about 140% of 7000 miles, but as we all know, theory and practice are 2 completely different beasts), anyways, any info would be greatly appreciated guys!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, like i said, i only auto x once a month, and we make some random runs ocasionally down twisty roads around my area, but other than that its all lazy pussy footin around town, btw, these tires are GRIPPPPPYYYYY, i love em(i was able to pass slow ass moron motorists today using FULL THROTTLE! IN FAIRLY HEAVY RAIN! And not slipping a bit! WOOHOOO! lol)

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
I ran them last year and I thought for a high end hi po tire the wear was pretty good (this is w/ a fair amount of autoxing)

Some hints (this applies to any tire)- if you want your tires to last as long possible (my choice in tires tends to run $ so I want max life out of them :))- rotate often- at minimum I rotate every oil change (3500 miles) more often if I'm autoxing/hitting the track. With new tires I rotate at 1000 miles the first time.

I also monitor air pressure almost daily (good habit to get into).

Make sure your alignment is up to snuff- a whacked aligned will eat up tires- fast.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
much appreciated guys, however being a ASE certified technician with access to everything i need to maintain a car, trust me, i know, lol(for example, the cobb rear sway bar i have, is greased once every 1-2 weeks, along with the tires being rotated EVERY oil change(3-5k, if 5k i put a quart in about every 3k, lol), and nothing but the best is put in/on my car, and dont worry wagone, the streets during the day are not my playground, i never do anything beyond my own limits at all, however, when no ones on them during the late late nights and at the track, its a free for all! lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts