Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing... pressing the break feels like I'm stepping on a rock. Feels like no assistance is there. Second: wanting to change our pads and rotors. Dad of 4 here so looking semi cheap but good. I'm ok getting off rock auto. I would like drilled and slotted rotors. Help me out guys. ?

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
First thing... pressing the break feels like I'm stepping on a rock. Feels like no assistance is there. Second: wanting to change our pads and rotors. Dad of 4 here so looking semi cheap but good. I'm ok getting off rock auto. I would like drilled and slotted rotors. Help me out guys. ?
Centric rotors and ebc pads. If the pedal is rock hard and you don't seem to get much brake force check the calipers and make sure none are seized. If the pedal is just super firm then check for braided brake lines.

Semi cheap and drilled and slotted are an even worse idea that super expensive and drilled and slotted. Don't waste money on cosmetic crap that can cause failures. Just find some slotted rotors if you are that hard up. They will burn through pads a little faster but in my experience offer slightly more initial bite.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Second on check the brake hydraulic system for the cause of rock hard pedal. If you solve that problem, you may be satisfied with the brake performance.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Drilled and slotted are pointless on your daily driver. I'd just get a good set of pads and rotors. If you must, just go slotted only.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone for the input. I feel like you helped me not make a dumb choice and saved a little money too.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Break = to make something not work, ie broken
Brake = mechanical equipment to help you stop.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Firefighterjake

·
Æternum
15,576 Posts
But it sounds like his brakes are broken.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts