Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I have a 2009 wrx base. Long story short, I was out of state for 3 months, came back and blew my turbo up. Had to leave for another 6 months and the car sat in this time. I got a brand new turbo and gaskets and finally installed that, new battery, etc. I drove it all day very easy, no hard charging and it was fine. The next day I was out driving and gave it a few good pulls and the turbo spooled and acted very normal. Then all of the sudden it just stopped spooling and now wont go past 0psi. No hissing or anything indicating a vacuum leak, Bov is not sticking, waste gate is fine. I even bought some maf cleaner and tried cleaning the maf sensor and it's just not giving me any power anymore. Please help me

·
BooSTIng
2,323 Posts
Not saying it is not your turbo, but I would look into some other options. Like the possibility of lost compression in the engine. Do a leak down/compression test and let us know what you find. The stock vf turbos usually last a long time. Not saying they do not break, but the chances of 2 going out is slim to none.

·
BooSTIng
2,323 Posts
It could be a number of things. Right now you have the terrible task of tracking down the issue. Say 1 of your cylinders has low compression, the engine could still seem to be running okay. Not saying it is the engine, but that is where I would start. Rather know it is NOT engine rather than spending money on electronic diagnostics. Take the engine out of the equation.

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts
Run a vaccum line directly from the compressor housing to the wastegate. This will limit you to spring pressure (8-10PSI). Do you see any boost pressure then?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought of something random, do you think an over tightened banjo bolt on the oil feed line might do it? Bc I remember when I took it off it was probably like 5 lbs of torque give or take to get it loose, but when I put it back on I just tightened the **** out of it. Maybe if it's too tight it's not letting enough oil get into the turbo?

·
BooSTIng
2,323 Posts
A p0011 CEL can be bad news. Have you checked your oil levels? The P0011 CEL is Camshaft Position 'A' Timing Over Advance or Performance Bank. Some usual causes for this are being low on oil or the car's timing is messed up. Check your oil levels.

And yeah over tightening such an important bolt it no good. There are factory torque specs for literally every bolt and nut on that car. And they are quite easy to find. Google is your friend.

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
Just a quick question, but what turbo did you buy to replace the blown turbo with? Possibility of bad turbo bearings. Might want to verify the blades are able to spin. Even with low compression you should still be able to build boost. Last, you might want to consider a vacuum leak down test. Just because you can't hear a leak doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts