Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy, I just got my brand new 2018 WRX and I'm sad to say I'm a first time Subaru owner, I always wanted a brand new evo growing up and when I was finally "grown up" (28) the evo was long gone. I got a Subaru and I'm glad I did the community seems a lot healthier and the engines have been in use for years, it feels like you can solve nearly any problem on the forums which is something I was really looking forward to.

I'm hesitant to put on a cobb's port on my car until the warranty is at least half over, I know that's the biggest mod for your buck, but the next biggest thing is everyone seems to be mentioning on their channels is a shift stop. The shifter does feel a little bit unnatural, does it really make as much of a difference as soon on this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQHbvlcIzwU

Let me know what your thoughts are, what is your favorite mod? What mod would you install first if you had to start from the beginning? Would you mod your new car under warranty?

Please share your thoughts!

·
Registered
109 Posts
boomba shift plate/shift stop/ weighted shift knob. Does wonders to your shifting experience.

C light mod for aesthetics,

AP for engine mod, helps smooth out power band.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boomba shift plate/shift stop/ weighted shift knob. Does wonders to your shifting experience.

C light mod for aesthetics,

AP for engine mod, helps smooth out power band.
Thanks for the wisdom vlad, I've seen people put on the bomba shift plate and it looks enormous. There is a little guard metal they usually can't put back on afterwards. Did you have the same trouble or did you figure out way to continue using that metal skid plate looking thing. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm assuming you mean the heat shield for the stock plate. It's not really necessary to put back on. I had the car on the lift, so install was about 15-20 minutes. Getting the small pin out the stock shift plate could be a bit troublesome. There is also a bolt in the upper left of the stock plate that could be hard to get out.

The shift plate acts as a counterweight, so it gives you shorter throws. Makes the shifting experience 100% better IMO. It's not an expensive mod either. You can get shift plate with shift stob and knob all for 100$ . Make sure you get the Brass shifter bushing to replace the old one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts