ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got some cash for my bday and I think I'm going to go with SS lines, ATE fluid, and a GS master cylinder brace. For the fluid, do I need one can or two? Ive never done anything with the brake fluid before, but I do know that you have to bleed the system to get all the air out, etc. Is there anything else I need to know before going through this set of mods?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
One can of ATE Super Blue should be sufficient.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Purchased my brake mods!!! Now hopefully i'll be able to install them...maybe i'll leave a trail of beers to lure in an unsuspecting Subaru Modder:woocow:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Thought about pads? You'll already be moving the calipers for the SS lines, might as well add pads if you can.

Also, don't let the brake fluid touch ANY bodywork. It's an excellent paint stripper...

One can will be enough, and if you have any left over, toss it. Once the fluid is exposed to the air, it starts sucking moisture, and the leftover fluid will spoil.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought about pads? You'll already be moving the calipers for the SS lines, might as well add pads if you can.

Also, don't let the brake fluid touch ANY bodywork. It's an excellent paint stripper...

One can will be enough, and if you have any left over, toss it. Once the fluid is exposed to the air, it starts sucking moisture, and the leftover fluid will spoil.
I just changed the pads fairly recently, so they are good for now. I just learned that about the fluid due to my new obsession with Wheeler Dealers (thanks ray)

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Haha, brake fluid is one of those oft-overlooked maintenance items, like power steering fluid changes. The fluid wont make your brakes feel much different in normal driving, but after hard driving, they hang in there much longer, and I've definitely noticed that on my car.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha, brake fluid is one of those oft-overlooked maintenance items, like power steering fluid changes. The fluid wont make your brakes feel much different in normal driving, but after hard driving, they hang in there much longer, and I've definitely noticed that on my car.
yea, as ive been reading on here, the mods ive got wont help me to stop faster, but will help in overall feeling...thats what im looking for currently

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, so ive mentioned like 600 times already that I installed my brace...does it make sense that I now have a minor vibration in my clutch and brake pedal? Now that there is something leaning on the master cylinder which is also attached to the strut tower wall?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts