ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, long time lurker. I've got a 2006 WRX that I've had since new, and previously I've just gone to local Subaru shops to have maintenance done. Over the past couple years I've been learning to do most of the maintenance on my motorcycles though. So now that the WRX needs the pads done (doing all 4), and I have a garage/driveway to do it in, as well as all the tools, I thought I'd give it a shot on my own. I've been digging through a few threads on here, and it seems relatively straight forward to do, but the one thing I couldn't figure out was this: I know I need to bleed the lines after changing the pads, but do I need to go through and change all the pads and THEN go back through bleed each one? Or can I do the pad change and bleed on each caliper in one go? I've got the service manual so I'd just do it all in the order prescribed, but I only have 2 jackstands so it'll be a bit tedious to go through and do all the pads and then go back and bleed all the lines.

I should also say I had a major service this past October, at which time the entire brake system was flushed with new fluid.
TYIA

·
Registered
504 Posts
You don't NEED to bleed the fluid when you swap pads. You should if the fluid is as old as the pads though....

People usually bleed because they are right there at the time. No problem bleeding while you change the pads - just swap the pads in the right bleed order.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts