ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the Stoptech stage 2....best $500 I ever spent for brakes...You'll be very happy with it

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I know eli has the perrin calipers and I've never heard a bad word from him regarding them...

If you are looking for something bigger and ballsier, check out www.twrracing.com They have a "BBK" that fits under the stock wheels...

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
check ninos auto accesories for the stoptech stage II upgrade!! 399 shipped i think. killer deal!!

well worth it and will fit stock/aftermarket

will even fit your mom!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the stoptech stage 2 and It is okay, but I'm ready to go to the next step. I found the porterfield pads didn't work out well and I'm running carbotech XP's for the track. The stoptech rotors are showing alot of cracking now, it's been over a year with a lot of track days so I have no complaints, but I think I should replace them before my next track day in September. My thought is that I could buy the DBA 5010's now for the track and use them with my carbotech XP's (I'm on my second set and they are new), then I will put the stoptech rotors and stock brake pads back on for the winter. I could then upgrade to the perrin calipers next year, I just don't want to drop the cash on 5010's if there is no great upgrade path for caliper's that work with them.

I like the idea of saving some weight with both the rotors and calipers, and then I have alot of backup/interchangeable parts with the stock rotors and calipers.

Coetav

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
I think the Cobb/Willwood = the Perrin/Willwood, both made by Willwood.

The TWR's get rave reviews from everything I've read. I opted for the FHI four pots (should have them soon) to be run w/ the 5010's- I've run the 5010's w/ good luck on the oem calipers- they should be equally as well w/ the four pots.

There is no reason to upgrade beyond pads/lines/fluids unless your doing track days. If your doing lots of track days, then you'll find that your wanting bigger rotors than the oem rims can accomodate.

Big Sky

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The nice thing about fitting the stock wheels is that I can upgrade my tires to R-compound on my SSR wheels and then use the stock wheels to get to and from the track.

My current brake setup (stock calipers, stoptech rotors, carbotech xp pads, superblue fluid, rear h6 upgrade, and no dust shields) has been doing okay at the track, but 2 piece calipers and aluminum 4-pots will be way lighter and better for heat management. I suspect this setup with the DBA 5010's and the perrin calipers would be lighter than any other kit out there, but could there be any fitment issues?

Coetav

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're right. I think what I will do is upgrade to the 5010's now and then after i'm through the winter maybe upgrade to the Perrin/Wilwood calipers. My hope is that by next year we will have another vehicle and I can turn my WRX into a track only machine. Can you think of any reason why those rotors (5010's)wouldn't work with those calipers?

Coetav

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
coetav said:
You're right. I think what I will do is upgrade to the 5010's now and then after i'm through the winter maybe upgrade to the Perrin/Wilwood calipers. My hope is that by next year we will have another vehicle and I can turn my WRX into a track only machine. Can you think of any reason why those rotors (5010's)wouldn't work with those calipers?

Coetav
The 5010's will work w/ any caliper/kit designed to work w/ oem size rotors.

Big Sky

1 - 13 of 13 Posts