ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Last weekend was my first time tracking my car (2003 wrx). I know, noob. I had an absolute blast and hope to be more prepared for my next visit in a few weeks. One thing that became apparent to me was the amount of lateral movement in the car especially over long "U" corners. The car felt floaty, which i believe was either from my tire walls or my suspension. I was at Thunderhill so there was a multitude of these corners where the car seemed to float away from the line I was taking, almost like gradually drifting. I don't believe I was making hard/quick changes in direction where the inertia of the car would carry me off the line but I'm sure that could be part of it. I dont know if it was a combination of my tires, Hankook Evo V12 pumped to 34psi (Front) 32psi (rear), my old OEM suspension or just bad driving. If anyone happened to have any insight on the matter I would greatly appreciate it as I am extremely new to this.

Also, I upgraded my brake pads to Ferodo 2500's and upgraded my brake fluid to Dot 4 last week. I would like to purchase new brakes as I felt i had to brake much earlier than the cars around me..Does anyone happen to have any insight into some new brakes for 17" Prodrive rims...I was thinking Brembo but I dont know if its worth the investment..Has anyone used the 330mm Prodrive Brake bit..

Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Your dampers are probably blown. Get some Koni's and STi springs.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Did you ask your instructor these questions? Did he drive your car? I have always let my instructor drive my car.

What size tires were you running?

And I agree that new struts/springs would be very good. Personally, I'd wait on new brake hardware. You could always go to stainless braided lines along with your new pads and fluid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts