ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, My '04 WRX needs some new brakes. I have to admit, I don't know much about brakes, other than Hawk supposedly makes some good ones. I've had my WRX on track once and the brakes overheated after only three laps (got to do some off roading thanks to it too). I'm looking to extend that a bit. I have some money to spend, but I'm wanting to still keep it as cheep as I can, while getting the performance I'm looking for. I might track the car once or twice a year at most. I live in CO and love to get out on the mountain roads from time to time, other than that it's my DD. I have a warped rotor, so I will be looking to possibly upgrade there too, if I think the price is worth the reward. I'm considering SS lines, but I did that on my motorcycle and didn't see a huge advantage.

Let me know what you guys are running and what you suggest. Also please leave vendor websites if you know some good ones

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
I don't track my car and never will. However, if I did, I'd use Ferodo. For pads there is Ferodo and there is the abyss below.

For discs I'd use reputable blanks, no slots, no holes nothing fancy.

For lines I'd not use something not DOT approved on the street. I've not felt great differences with stainless lines either frankly but people love them. They also like to brace the master cylinder with a bracket but that takes smaller thumbs and more free time than I have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts