ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm really new to this so im sorry if im asking stupid questions.. it's for an '02 wrx sedan if it means anything.

this morning i noticed a puddle underneath my car, i lifted it up and saw that the brake line (front passenger) was leaking. I disconnected it and was gonna take it out (It's the hard line that goes into the bay, not the flexible line.) Then i ended up just retightening the line and i dont think it's leaking anymore? im gonna check it obviously after i bleed it.

my question is when i bleed the lines is this the right order? passenger front, driver rear, driver front, passenger rear. also is there a simple way to disconnect the whole hard line and get it out incase that's what i need to replace?

Thanks for any help,
sorry if i posted in the wrong place and i always appreciate corrections since im learning
charlie

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
Bleed order is correct. Don't know about line sorry.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
The front passenger is probably the easiest to take out, if necessary, since the area around the downpipe will give you a bit more access than most places. That being said, it's not going to be easy, and might be something best left to the dealer. I haven't heard of the hard lines failing on our cars though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright thanks. and do you know what size wrench i need to open the bleeder valve? that'd be helpful to know right off the bat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts