ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the fora (fori?) for info re brake noise but haven't found anything like mine. I get a clunking noise sometimes when I apply brakes. It's not real loud and it doesn't happen all the time, and performance is fine; this is my first ABS car so I'm wondering if this is normal? 11,500 mi on the car and no exceptionally hard use. Dealer wants to charge me $30 just to look at the brakes but I don't wanna pay if this is a normal sound.

and another noise...sounds like a bag of golfclubs rolling around somewhere under the car when I hit bumps/potholes etc on the right. I think it is on the front, no equivalent noise when I hit stuff on the left side or on smooth road. Last time I took it to the dealer they said they test-drove it & didn't hear anything. (btw I asked them to look under it, not test drive it. when pressed they couldn't tell me if anyone had actually looked underneath the car).

I'm taking it in tomorrow for reg oil change & to have them look at all this stuff (again), Hunt Valley Motors near Baltimore but if anyone has any insights on the probs (or the dealership), I'd refrigidate the heck out of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The first noise you describe (assuming its an intermittent noise) is the ABS system working--its a little noisier than some other ABS-equipped cars I've driven. Believe me, lots of WRX owners have plenty of complaints with their ABS, particularly in braking situations involving bumpy or uneven pavement. However, what you describe sounds like the normal ABS operation to me.

The second noise---I can't help you there. Did you check the trunk for your clubs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Wreckzer for saving me 30 smackaroos!

No there are actually no golf clubs in my car, and the spare, jack etc are all nailed down tight.

·
Registered
270 Posts
After reading all the posts on squeaks, creaks and clunks, I have to consider myself lucky up to this point. 11,775 miles and no noises whatsoever. Now that I've said that, I'm sure I will hear something today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts